BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 11-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Contributor

Default 150 harness?

Is there a source for a good replacement engine harness?

This thing on this buggy has spent most of it's life in the exhaust, duct taped together, and if the plugs are not dry rotted and crumbling they are melted together. The "fuse" was actually a piece of 1/4 brass rod. All the kits I keep finding include new stator, cdi, and stuff I don't need or are a complete harness with blinker and stuff for a scooter I'll have to take apart. I've tried to source the factory plug ends and haven't had much luck there. I either have to buy in bulk or they are totally stupid high priced. I can't see ever needing 100+ pieces or paying $50 for one plug.

I've already made a new harness for the body so I got that. I do plan on putting a 11 pole in it later, do I just need to do that first and the harness they come with replace everything on the engine?

Last edited by neo71665; 11-04-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:25 AM
Contributor

Buggy depot has one.
HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )
Old 11-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

what buggy?

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 11-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

Yeah, which model do you have? I make harnesses in house with 100% American wire. They're not cheap, and won't fall apart like the China harnesses. I make them to be the last harness you'll need. Wire joints properly crimped and sealed with adhesive-lined heat shrink. Just keep the wires out of the sun and you're good for many years.

The wire is the same standardized grade used by GM, Chrysler, and Ford with American copper and high quality cross-linked polyethylene insulation.

Wiring Harness, Engine, for Tomberlin Crossfire
https://www.buggydepot.com/product/3...crossfire.html

I recommend the Crossfire harness as it has all of the common denominator features found on the 150's and have adapters to make it (almost) universal for all models. I have the chassis section that runs to the front of the frame too if you need that.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Contributor

Sorry I'm an idiot its a kinroad runmaster II 150cc. I have no idea what exact year it is. I found the numbers on the frame but they were so lightly punched and rusty only about 25% was readable. I tried to take a fine scotchbright pad to them as the least aggressive way I knew to clean them and took them completely off. From my understanding it's an early one since it has 4/110 front and rear.

According to your picture there my chassis is a 8 pin plug but has 7 wires in it.

Last edited by neo71665; 11-05-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yeah, Runmasters were early models and produced by Kinroad. They're good machines.

I think your connector is actually a 9-pin (with 8 wires). If your chassis harness is fine, my 9-to-6 pin adapter will help. It's universal, so you may need to swap around pins. I'm here if you need help with that.

9-to-6 Chassis Harness Wiring Adapter
https://www.buggydepot.com/product/6...g-adapter.html

Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Contributor

It's all good. I had actually already ordered waterproof connectors to re-plug that one forward on the body harness. I'll go out later when it's not pouring down and check it to make sure but it was one of the main plugs that had ended up in the exhaust and is melted pretty bad. I've been looming every square inch of wire and going overboard with zip ties.

Since your here when I go to your website it has 7 buggies listed under kinroad. As best I can tell mine is either a xt150-6 or xt150-8 model. The xt150gt-2c also shares the same picture but I doubt I have that one because I bet judging by the numbers its some optioned out model. How to I narrow it down with the limited info I have.

Mine had 8 inch rims so I been guessing it was the xt150-8 but hate to order parts by such a seat of the pants assumption and get everything wrong.

Last edited by neo71665; 11-05-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Contributor

Well I did just come across this.

Still gonna be ordering the engine harness because I want the factory connectors on everything back there because of ease when changing parts. I am fixing to turn this no options buggy into a fully optioned one. I do very short distances (2-3 mile runs) on a paved highway from one property to the next and blinkers would be nice. A small cheap 12v dual trumpet air horn hanging in my shop should be enough to scare pesky dogs. I have about 75% of the wire colors so I just ordered the needed ones and a few waterproof connectors I don't have enough of. Be a good time to blow the rear apart and fix/reinforce some cracked welds.