BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 01-27-2018, 05:56 AM
Lurker

Default Hi all!

can anyone identify this buggy?
it was given to me 3rd hand friend of a friend thing and the guy thought it had reverse.
supposed to run but wont move, the final drive gear spun free until I spun the motor over a bit now its solid. must be a bad gear in there some where.
I cant see where it might have shifted any where but there IS a empty bracket with holes on the front right near the steering wheel. I would greatly appreciate any info you might have , need cables and a choice to repair the trans or replace th whole unit thanks again in advance!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:00 AM
Contributor

The engine looks like one of the chinese 110cc or 125cc atv enignes. Not all of them have reverse. Generally if buggies have reverse it is a lever on the floor. That hole looks like it's for a key switch or a kill switch leash best I can tell.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

The buggy was made by Sinray which is no longer made. The engine is most likely a Honda copy of the CT-110 which transmission was either manual shift 4 speed using clutch found on dirt bikes and some ATV's. The buggies used the auto clutch shuttle shift 3 speed with reverse. There should be a shifter somewhere on the left side of frame running to left rear of engine.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Lurker

Default Roketa?

was on the net most of the day! If you look at the logon page here on the forum its the blue one on the right..found a 147f-mf on the crankcase indicating its a 90cc motor/ .88 actually. no sign of any levers being installed no shifter of any kind on the motor, so it must be a single speed motor. I scanned a zillion images until I found the Roketa site.. looks identical! Anyone know if the GY6 case and mounting dimensions are all the same? may put a 125cc if it will fit, can get one for under 200 bucks. still need all the front end bushings hope to locate some..hate to have to turn up some bronze stock just to fix the crappy plastic ones! any one have some good sources pls let me know!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Lurker

hey again guys... couldn't get a hit on Sinray but its Identical to the Roketa GK 11 /KSK-90..
Old 01-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

May look like it but totally different. The S emblem on front of buggy is for Sinray, they may have made the same buggy for Roketa. The Roketa models you mentioned have the shifter on the side I believe.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

If you go to Roketa's web site and view the GK 11 KSF90 one of the pictures of side you will not see a shifter but only the 2 tangs the shifter mounts to. If you then click on owners manual it will show a shifter. If you have 2 tangs facing up on the left side then the shifter is missing.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Lurker

Kool.. I never did find anything for Sinray only some baby buggies! LOL. this one has a strange empty box close to the steering wheel but no idea what it may have been for.
this motor was supposed to run but not go.. it had a funky free wheel on the final drive sproket then locked up or in when I was getting the motor unstuck maybe the clutch counter shaft gearset? cant locate any of those either so Im just going to try getting it to fun for the heck of it. can I bolt on a 125? are the case dimensions and bolt locations the same? I shure appreciate all you assistance!
Old 01-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

As long as it is the same type of engine but I do not know of any buggy with a CT style engine that has only one speed. They will be either a 4 speed manual clutch as used on dirt bikes or 3 speed with reverse used on buggies It's not a cvt style engine so it needs something to shift it.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Contributor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-110c...-/401134105326

No gear shifter, my son has one on a coolster 4 wheeler. It wouldn't surprise me the least to learn some company slapped them in buggies but his engine sure looks a lot like the one in my son's 4 wheeler.

As far as I know all 125ccs have reverse. In turn they have a forward and reverse shifter. From what I've looked into it the 125 is a direct bolt in swap on the atv I just have to cut out some of the body plastic to fit the shifter (there are molded cut lines). Personally I'd venture to say if they swap on the atv as easy they should on the buggy. Will have to find or make the required shift linkage.

You might search around for the used atvs in your area if you find out indeed the engines swap. I found my sons for $50. The idiot POs let the battery drain and then burnt the starter up trying to crank it. Since it was "POS chinese crap" they just wanted it out of their yard. $20 starter and a $20 battery later my son has been dogging on it for 3 years now trouble free. He is getting big enough now reverse and some more CCs would be nice is the only reason I was toying with the idea of engine swapping.

this is the 3 speed with reverse version

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125CC-SEMI-....c100505.m3226

They made a top mounted and bottom mounted starter version. My very limited research the engines will swap out but if you want to keep your old engine to use some parts on the new one as needed they do not interchange as easily. I want to say the bottom mounted version was an earlier design and you don't see as many of them. Been awhile since I looked into it.

Last edited by neo71665; 01-28-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:15 AM
Lurker

yep mine has no sign of ever having a shifter and i got on the lift sunday ans no shifter shaft on the motor..I cant locate a full counter shaft gear set so a replacement motor with reverse for a couple hundred bucks starts to look good, and save some time too!
You guys are great thanks again!
Old 01-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Contributor

I forgot those links are just for reference. Just the first results of quick searches. I have no ties to the sellers and almost sure you can find better prices and support looking around.