BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 02-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Lite Contributor

Default What would you do?

I have owned and upgraded my spiderbox for many years and it always seems like the grass is greener on the other side.I ran across this HH and was wondering if it is more reliable, smoother ride and power range.Just looking for opinions not looking to criticize anyone's ride.price is $1950.
(Also found carbine not running no $$)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01111_eIA7UG7zNoN_600x450.jpg (73.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3624_kindlephoto-134234446.jpg (66.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 00O0O_kltPat8IEGJ_600x450.jpg (41.8 KB, 9 views)
Spiderbox 150cc,Uni air filter,18 inch glasspack muffler,BD front and rear shocks,BD ball joints,modified frame,a arms,and spindles,1500 yellow spring,12g rollers,with 21x7x10 on the front,23x8x11 on rear,39t sprocket,flex proof axle wth three bearings ,BD reverse kit,ready for more

Last edited by tim; 02-21-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:22 AM
Lurker

I've never driven a spiderbox. I've had a few crossfires. And a few Baja 150s. Longer front suspension. Maybe closer to your spiderbox than the hh and carbide. I liked them except not as tight turning as the hh. hammerhead and carbide I've owned. They're basically the same as far as suspension goes. They benefit greatly from blaster shock upgrades. Hey both are great for tight turns. We ride out at wolf pen gap in mena Arkansas two to three times a year and they do great up there with all the same upgrades you have now. My personal preference is the carbide. But only because it was the first style of buggy I owned. It's the one that started it all for me. When I come across one i always do my best to pick one up. At the moment I have a single seat blade 150. Same suspension setup as the hh and carbide. Does great in mena. Can't go wrong with either one. But for me the price tag on the hh is a bit steep.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Contributor

I have the HH GTS150 Platnium like the first picture. It has been good for me and the kids. There are some drawbacks. the headlights are kinda chincy and the grounds are poor on those but easy to change/fix. We were riding it hard through the actual woods and fried the clutch which I need to replace still and now the starter clutch is shot out of the blue. All cheap easy fixes but just to let you know what I have dealt with.

If anyone wants to sell me some parts send me a message please.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks the feedback guys.I like the looks of the newer buggies but it sounds like all of our China buggies have issues.I would love a better turning radius,I cut in more teeth but as you can see in picture below i built a very wide front-end.I was looking for more dependable because I can't work on them like I use to because of health issues.I know when I sell the yerf I will only get about 1/4 of what i got in upgrades.I just want something that when my son is wanting to ride it will fire up and run.I finally got carburetor issues figured out and now I can't keep drivetrain together on mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downsized_0422121445 (2)_kindlephoto-92086169.jpg (37.4 KB, 9 views)
Spiderbox 150cc,Uni air filter,18 inch glasspack muffler,BD front and rear shocks,BD ball joints,modified frame,a arms,and spindles,1500 yellow spring,12g rollers,with 21x7x10 on the front,23x8x11 on rear,39t sprocket,flex proof axle wth three bearings ,BD reverse kit,ready for more
Old 02-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Contributor

Personally I might start a newer one but I don't think I would want to start over with one.

I don't know why but I kinda want a spider box. If I got one I would swap the engine with my kinroad and then get rid of it. I haven't even cracked it open for heavy mods yet but already got too much time invested in it to start over with a stock one. Then again I don't plan on any new buggies unless it's got the power to run at least some 26 inch tires.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hammerhead will definitely be a better ride. Reliability will be better than the dog but you mentioned carburetor. You need to put only non ethanol gas in it or you will constantly have problems from the carb.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Lite Contributor

Yes I started using the good fuel,but what help me the most was i stopped using cheap fuel filter.I have a generator style fuel tank and It was hard To get spotless clean.HH looks cool but I was wondering about leg room.Yerf has plenty because I put aluminum seat in.It my be off the table anyway because I hinted to my wife about it and she ask didn't you just spend $300 on reverse and other parts.21 years of marriage tells me let it go but I'm hard headed

Last edited by tim; 02-22-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

But Honey I bought the reverse box and fixed this buggy up making it reliable especially for you now I want to buy a cheap buggy for myself.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Lite Contributor

Great idea!! I will try that tonight.Will keep you updated.