BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Default New member

Hello,
my son and i are new to mini buggies we have a crossfire 150r and fox carbide 150 as well both in need of repare but i was looking at this (CLOSE-OUT Blaze 150 Adult Size Automatic Go Kart) and was wonder if anyone knew anything about it i can't find much about it. I guess i really want to know is it worth 1600.00 the two we bought on what i believe is a great deal even if i had to buy new motors for both which we don't i still would'nt be but 100.00 over what this kart is new. we would like to have a third buggy then the whole family could enjoy it at the same time, oh yeah i even got a single seat yerf dog 150 on the same deal with a good motor but the rest of it is rough . So if anybody has some insight sure would be thankful.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Power User

Hello and welcome to the fun.
Post pics of what you've got and a link if you have it to the blaze ...
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

If you want the least amount of headaches than stick with the Hammerhead, Trailmaster, or American Sport Works. Remember you get what you pay for. Many of the cheaper buggies look identical in ways and people often say there all made in China which is true. The problems start a few years into ownership when you need parts. The named brands will have better quality control and parts. Some of the off brand buggies will have a different series of GY6 engine which parts will be almost impossible to get. Welcome to the buggy world. One word of caution: It's addicting. What is your location.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the welcome, and for the advice i can appreciate that old adage it seems to be true with most things (you get what you pay for) here is the link the blaze 150 http://www.apscusa.com/ and i found it in another place called by another name http://www.atv-quads-4wheeler.com/ Jet Moto ZX4 150 Buggy / Go-Kart, i will try to upload pics soon i'll have to figure it out, we are 65 miles south of St.Louis Mo. 45 minutes away from St.Joe state park.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Looked at both links. The main thing that would concern me is at both links they are on clearance and only in black. This to me means that once these buggies are gone there will be no more. Everything from suspension to the engine is like none of the major buggy manufacturers. So will you be able to get parts in a year or so? Or worse yet in 6 months. The engine although is a gy6 clone, what series gy6 is it? The most common would be the series A which you will never in the many years to come have problems getting parts for it. There are several different configurations of the B series and parts can be pricy. I built an engine out of a GSMoon about a year back and the head gasket alone was just under 50.00. To build the customers engine back stock cost almost as much as a performance GY6 A series build. Some higher end scooters use the series B engines but they all seem to conform with one another. Not the buggies though. If it comes to needing engine parts and you have one of the odd ball series B engines you may not find anything that will work other than piston and rings. Cylinders alone as well as heads I have come across thru the years on the series B engines will have about 4 different bolt patterns 3 of which you won't be able to find critical engine parts for a rebuild which will leave you with only 2 options, sell the buggy for next to nothing or repower it with a series A gy6. But there will be fabricating to be done for it to fit and everything line up. One thing is for sure with these buggies is that they will in time need parts. If the buggies stop being imported so do the parts.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Lite Contributor

Wow!! Thank you so much i didn't have a clue that all these things could / would be issues there's a car lot a couple of towns over that has the same buggy on close out as well i seen on craigslist $1995.00 i just really would like to get one runnung buggy till have time to work on the others we bought. Time right now is something i don't have a lot of all though i don't have a huge amount of money either. But good looking out for the newbe. Thanks again
Old 03-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

Your best bet is to stay with the brand names new or used.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:28 PM

welcome Joe,I have a crossfire 150r also. I have had great service out of it. I don't ride it hard though. I also had a regular 150 but because the 150r has reverse I prefer it.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the welcome, zman007007 sorry i've it's taken so long to get back been realy busy finally got some time to check out my crossfire 150r i have a month and had no time to look it over i bought it with a motor in 5 gallon buckets and supposedly a complete one on the buggy, well come to my surprise it had none of the electric in it, but it was all in one of the buckets i got it all hooked up thanks to a manual i down loaded and there's no fire to the plug but there's no compression in the cylinder anyway. but when i got it i thought worse case i would have to put a new motor on it, but i had no ideal i would have to buy a kit to bolt it in and a external reverse kit, the guy i got it from said something went wrong with motor so he bought one on ebay and when it arrived it had a kickstarter on it so he decidedhe would take the two motors and make one he told me he did have it cranking over but after today, well i just don't know. so thats my story on my 150r but the fox carbide has no fire in it either but does have great compressoin and a new carb stater has no juice, so i've got nothing running a wife wondering, and a son frowning, has anyone else been there? But I know everything is going to be alright!!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:17 AM
Power User

the electrical systems can be a real headache. just go through all the grounds, connections, especially the grounds and the kill, ignition and or brake switch.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Supporting Vendor

If not already done, download the service manual for the 7150 off the americansportworks.com website. It will give you complete instructions on troubleshooting the ignition system as well as the rest of the engine. It is the most complete, easy to follow manual for any of these buggies. As far as the crossfire goes you need to just go through the whole engine. Does your crossfire have the external or internal reverse?

Last edited by SYCARMS; 03-18-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 03-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks SYCARMS, i have already downloaded that manual i need as stater thus far i have a part # american sportworks wants 39.99 i found same part # on some other sites a little cheaper amozon has it for 17.99 i just don't know if it is AC or DC i Know my CDI is DC not sure what to do about that. And i'm not sure external or internal reverse on my crossfire? I just took a picture but can't to upload it i believe it is internal it has the original howhit it does'nt look like the picture of the external on How to get an engine for your Crossfire 150R on buggy depot so really not sure. any help would be great.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

I always say" you get what you pay for. Four years ago I noticed quite a bit of play in my dodge 5.9 water pump. My neighbor happened to be there and told me to get one from Cummins. Later that evening I priced a new pump from Cummins for 169.00, come with a 1 year warranty. I also checked Auto Zone, O'Reilly's ,Napa and CARQUEST. All were cheaper than Cummins. CQ and Napa only had rebuilt. O'Reilly's had a new pump lifetime for 55.00, so a no brainier since I had limited funds I bought it. Forward 6 months I was on I-55 heading home when my engine temp rapidly rose at the same time noticed smoke from under the hood. Long story short I had to spend 100.00 to be towed since I could not keep water in the radiator. Got home pulled the life time pump and got another along with 2 gallons of coolant. About 6 months later I noticed coolant dripping under the truck after a long drive. Upon inspection I found it to be from the pump. I than went to Cummins and spent the 169.00 for a new pump with 1 year warranty. Bottom line: pump 55.00, labor 1 hour, coolant 30.00, tow 100.00, coolant 30.00, labor 1 hour. Assuming my labor rate a total of 345.00 and still climbing since I have to change pump out again. Cummins pump 165.00, coolant 30.00, 1 hour labor, done for a total of 260.00. Three years later no leaks. I will add the original pump lasted 400,000 miles. If I had only listened to my neighbor I would have saves about 85.00, and how do you figure cost of inconvenience. I can give you many more examples. As we all know there are no guarantee's in life except for 3 things, you will eventually die, you will one way or another pay taxes, and you get what you pay for. Now lets look at something most will overlook. Say I bought the pump off e-bay same price and warranty as O'reilly. After purchase they ask me to answer the survey. Value of product: great, was it as described: yes, quickness of shipping : great. 100% rating for everyone to see. What everyone does not see is what happened 6 months later for upon replacement of the pump there will be no survey for me to answer. Now I'm not saying E-bay is no good, what I am saying is naturally ASW will be slightly higher than e-bay since they have more overhead than e-bay in that they pay for a warehouse with people to check in the parts and people to ship the parts, but these expenses won't add up to 21.00 more in price. ASW pays more for the part due to quality control. People won't rate ASW on one survey immediately after the sale as is done on e-bay. As far as your reverse an external reverse will be mounted off the output shaft separate of the engine, an internal reverse will be integrated into the engine case. Usually the external will be a round unit with the shift cable routed into the side of it. I believe the crossfire made buggies with both int. and ext. reverse units. A picture would tell all.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks again I have been there myself with auto parts just didn't know if it would be the same, I talked to a mechanic that does service work for tractor suply which sold the fox carbid at one time they don't carry them anymore, and he told me that as a shop goes he would like to sale me the parts, but from one guy looking to help another he would look at the parts on amozon that i could get them there a lot cheaper then he could order them ASW to me, so thats why i thought i would ask you guys on buggy masters. And my crossfire does have a lnternal rev and on that note buggy depot has a motor and kit to bolt in and rev, there again it seems gy6 150 motor with all the trimmings long or short cases or in abundance on the net, truthfully i really don't know where to buy or even what to buy I have called shops with in 65 miles of me and theres not many i live in a very rural area but there's 4 in that range and they all want 80.00 an hour and don't want to even answer a couple of questions that i might be able to solve. So truly I do appreciate any and all help i might get from anyone out here. thanks
Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Keep in mind that going to the new engine with external reverse will more likely than not , not be a drop in project. Sprockets and rear mount will line up differently. So before you purchase you need to confirm that the new engine will drop right in and bolt up without any fabrication necessary.