BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 AM
Contributor

Default Jeting on new setup

Well I have decided I am going to buy a new engine and just install my A10 camshaft, Hammerhead performance exhaust, P&P and shaved big valve head, R2C filter, and CVT goodies. Any suggestions on what jetting to use? Elevation is 778ft at home and up to 1800ft where I usually ride. This is also in Georgia/Tennessee so its normally humid in the summer when I do most of my riding. Also I will be using he stock 24mm carb and intake.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust

Last edited by mb1134; 01-28-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:57 AM

Probally a 35 pilot/ 128 main, I would put a new copper spark plug in once u put the new engine in.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Contributor

Anyone else? That sounds a little low to me. I believe I have heard going up to just a 125 main with just a UNI installed. JerseyDevil, Tom, or anyone else care to chime in?

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 01-30-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1134 View Post
Anyone else? That sounds a little low to me. I believe I have heard going up to just a 125 main with just a UNI installed. JerseyDevil, Tom, or anyone else care to chime in?
im going based that your air is humid, and elevation is higher then mine, i bet 128 will be close, even a 130 main might work and then play with the carb air fuel mixture screw to dial it in.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.