BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Lurker

Default roketa gx-28 acceleration questions

So I've just recently bought a 150 buggy and it really feels like the clutch isn't grabbing in forward when taking off..it tops out fine but you've got to really rev it to start moving..reverse on the other hand will snap your neck with normal throttle.don't know if this is inherent, but I see videos where people snap the rear around in dirt and gravel and there's just no way mine will. It was kind of a mess when I got it. Cage was racked and bent, fixed that, motor surged on idle and bogged at top rpms, I pulled the carb and cleaned it..now that's good..has a aftermarket CdI box and the previous owners had rats nest in the wiring, went through that. Another question...they put in a push button for the starter..the ignition switch is still there to turn on the efi ,and lights but the push button actually turns the motor over. They had some heaver hard wire running from switch to solenoid so I replaced with a nicer wire that would run better inside the harness, but the starter barely turns when the buttons pushed..arc the solenoid and it turns over fast and nice....I'm lost, could the push button be bad? Its to the point that its a toss up whether or not the button will start it or not cause it turns over too slow....but jumping it is perfect..thanks in advance for any help