BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Put in 11G sliders

I think I feel a difference in acceleration, seems to rev a little more quickly. Seems like there is a delay...like I take off hard and it accelerates well, then there is a burst of speed that on gravel will turn the tires over. Is this the normal "slider delay"?

The stock ones did seem heavier, I will have to weigh them to verify what the buggy was shipped with
Old 08-26-2015, 09:38 AM

how old is the clutch and belt ?

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Lite Contributor

all brand new. It is not a harse engage...its just seems like the sliders are using more wind up time...not sure. Dont get me wrong it seems like an improvement. maybe the torque spring or the clutch engage springs are needed to finish off the mod.

Last edited by maybe2fast; 08-26-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Lite Contributor

Did a run with my new digital tach. I can come close to 7500rpm, I am sure I can get it higher if I really stay in it.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Heavy Contributor

I've got 10 gram sliders in mine. And I know what your talking about. I don't feel it to the point you are saying. It takes a while to go from 27 to 33. But once it hits a certain rpm range, you can feel it kick in. Might have something to do with the slider design, and lower weight? I can only get the buggy up that high if I do hit the gravel roads. I can hit 8500 rpm, and have got it to 36 mph, I believe. almost 39 if hit a small down hill. But at that point, the buggy is really squirly. With the low weights, it does take a while to hit top speed. From what I've read, if you stay at 10grams or higher, you don't lose any top speed. But really, almost think it stays to low for to long. Next set will be 11 grams.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Lite Contributor

11g didn't seem to take alot away from top end...just seems to need more time to exceed 7000rpms.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Lite Contributor

the low end seems better, not as much take off, just torque and climbing/moving through tall brush
Old 08-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Lite Contributor

Seems to be all seated in? Runs good, great mod