BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Lurker

Default Mechanic in Ohio for 150cc buggy

Im looking for someone that can rebuild the top end on this buggy for me its a Sunl 2009 150cc engine it smoking pretty bad and I just want to get it running right so my wife and daughter can have some fun on it, seems like most locals here dont wanna touch it cause its a Chinese brand but figured I might get some help here! If its running for them to ride that means i get to go 4 wheeling much more cause they will get to go with me! I live in Miamisburg which is just south of Dayton about 10 minutes if anyone knows anyone in the area or within 2 hours away please let me know
Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joditt7605 View Post
Im looking for someone that can rebuild the top end on this buggy for me its a Sunl 2009 150cc engine it smoking pretty bad and I just want to get it running right so my wife and daughter can have some fun on it, seems like most locals here dont wanna touch it cause its a Chinese brand but figured I might get some help here! If its running for them to ride that means i get to go 4 wheeling much more cause they will get to go with me! I live in Miamisburg which is just south of Dayton about 10 minutes if anyone knows anyone in the area or within 2 hours away please let me know
Did you ever have any luck fixing the buggy? I see it has been about a month. I'm in Centerville right by you. I've worked on a lot of mowers, cars, and odds and ends stuff. I have the same buggy. Haven't done any work on it but if you couldn't find anyone willing to give it a shot I'd do it if you order the parts and assist. I'm about to build mine up.

If it is smoking a lot my first guess is piston rings. My second would be valve adjustment. Just my $0.02 from what I've worked on before.

If all else fails I'll kick you while your down and make you a cheap offer on a broken chinese buggy that I can throw a big engine into or do a BBK. I have a 4 acre or so lot over in centerville that is good for riding on the back portion too. Right off 675.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Heavy Contributor

Sounds like the begining of a beautiful relationship.........with that 4 acres of land that is

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Default Easy,easy,easy

Hey Joditt you should give it a shot yourself first! changing the rings is a total piece of cake and there is a complete step by step video on how to do it on youtube! I was nervous about doing it the first time too, but now I can do it with my eyes closed in about a half hour start to finish!!! and trust me there is no better feeling than seeing your buggy running right and knowing you are the one who did it! just click gy6 ring replacement and check it out.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Lurker

Its not smoking like it was every now and then it might blow a puff of smoke but thats it, I did add a homemade air intake and rejetted it but I think I pulled a vaccum hose lose and cant find where it goes but seems to still run ok but I would like to change springs and rollers in the trans if you know anything about them id help you anyway I could
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Hey Joditt you should give it a shot yourself first! changing the rings is a total piece of cake and there is a complete step by step video on how to do it on youtube! I was nervous about doing it the first time too, but now I can do it with my eyes closed in about a half hour start to finish!!! and trust me there is no better feeling than seeing your buggy running right and knowing you are the one who did it! just click gy6 ring replacement and check it out.
I would try myself but I dont have much paitence when it comes to working on stuff and my fat hands make it hard to work on little motors but the main thing is I bought it for my daughter and id hate to tear it down and then not be able to get it back together and s he be upset atleast it runs now, ill find someone eventually just thought it was worth a try looking on here first
Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Lurker

Since you are so close let's see if we could arrange a time to meet up and I could at least take a look at it to see how it runs. One of my best friends is a welder, another a mechanic for a living, and I used to run a lawn maintenance business (and frequently serviced mowers that are like these karts in a lot of ways).

Just PM me. I don't charge anything to give a small diagnostic look over. If you haven't tried it a small engine/mower shop might do it.

Before you PM me give Mr. Heil a call at Heil Brothers. His service dept # is 937-256-3500. I take my business there for parts and they usually advise me on installation. Nothing has been above my level so far. They usually have a back log of service work but they are awesome.

If not PM me and I'll send you my cell #. I'm a student and have a weird summer class schedule. If I'm not at school I'm probably working fixing something in my barn. I love to do this kind of stuff it's my hobby by choice. I've been buying and flipping cars, scooters, mowers, and all kinds of stuff for a while now so I've learned a thing or two about diagnostics.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine03 View Post
Since you are so close let's see if we could arrange a time to meet up and I could at least take a look at it to see how it runs. One of my best friends is a welder, another a mechanic for a living, and I used to run a lawn maintenance business (and frequently serviced mowers that are like these karts in a lot of ways).

Just PM me. I don't charge anything to give a small diagnostic look over. If you haven't tried it a small engine/mower shop might do it.

Before you PM me give Mr. Heil a call at Heil Brothers. His service dept # is 937-256-3500. I take my business there for parts and they usually advise me on installation. Nothing has been above my level so far. They usually have a back log of service work but they are awesome.

If not PM me and I'll send you my cell #. I'm a student and have a weird summer class schedule. If I'm not at school I'm probably working fixing something in my barn. I love to do this kind of stuff it's my hobby by choice. I've been buying and flipping cars, scooters, mowers, and all kinds of stuff for a while now so I've learned a thing or two about diagnostics.
If your not busy next weekend anytime from the 4th of july till the 7th maybe we could get together and ride some at least let me check out your vacuum lines to see if i got some unhooked some where Ill let you take mine for a spin also to see if they run the same they should be close being the same buggy I think the one I have is a 2009 which has small jets from the factory, the one I pulled out was a 104 i jumped it up to a 120 which helped some but if interested give me a call or text at 937-603-8230 my name is Eric
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Lurker

Give this guy a shot. He advertises on Craigslist all the time. Never had contact with him but it may be worth a shot.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bar/3883203421.html
Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Hey joditt 7605 PM me your address and I'll see if I cant make time over the 4th to come see whats up with your buggy, I'm no expert but I do all my own work and somehow I manage to keep them running!