BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > ATV Dirt Bike and UTV Forums > ATV and Dirt Bike Forum

ATV and Dirt Bike Forum Forum for All ATV’s and Dirt Bikes

Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Lurker

Default Roketa 250cc advice

Looking to make my roketa alot faster any advice on quick add on i already have upgraded FMF pipe and also Uni filter. roketa.jpg
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

There aren't many performance parts for the 250, I'm currently working on a camshaft for the 250. Most power will be made with the head and cam. A port and polish is in order. You can do some cvt upgrades but that will only move the power band and not make any more power. After you installed the uni and fmf did you rejet the carb?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Lurker

Will the MRP clutch kit make a huge difference in speed or is it a waste of money I think the cheapest Ive found it is about 235.00. I havent messed with the carb just yet I was thinking of ordering the 32mm carb?
Old 01-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

The clutch or variator will not give the engine any more power to go faster or accelerate quicker. The cvt only controls the shifting of the transmission. Lighter rollers will give you more bottom end for climbing but you will loose top end (speed) just as heavier rollers will give you more top end (speed) but you at a point won't be able to climb an ant hill. Being that you moded to a uni and fmf you are definitely running lean for you are moving more air in and out. Running the engine lean will destroy the engine over time, you need to rejet. If you want more power you will need to mod the engine. Once the engine mods are done you then will mod the cvt. However you can mod the cvt anytime it's just that when you mod the engine the cvt will again need adjustment to enhance the engine mods. With your mostly stock engine your present carb is good enough. A bigger carb will actually hurt your performance for it will be to big for what the engine can produce. Being that you have replaced the filter with a uni and muffler with an fmf you need to rejet the carb to gain any performance benefits and to keep from burning the piston and valves.