BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 11-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Lurker

Default Wiring up an auto choke - GTS 150

Hi,

Just joined the forum, happy to see it is an active one! I have a hammerhead GTS 150 platinum. I made some performance mods to it, one of which being a new carb so I can adjust the air/fuel mixture. The issue is the new carb came with an auto choke and the manual choke off the original carb is a tad too big in diameter for the choke hole on the new carb.

Long winded way of me asking, how do I wire up the auto choke on my buggy when it never came with one?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Lurker

I figured this out after some more searching. When I opened my electric cover box I had a 2 slot female connector that was unused. I tested it with the motor running and it was getting juice. The auto choke plugged into this unused connector. Here is a link to another site that pointed me in the right direction.

https://www.buggynews.com/how-to-tes...rb-t32554.html
Old 03-16-2021, 04:39 PM
Lurker

I have a GTS150 and just modified my electric choke. Inside the choke i was led to understand is a thermal arrangement using a resistor. When cold and the engine is started, the solenoid pulls a pin away from the carb that allows extra fuel into the engine. Over a short period this resistor reduces the voltage to the coil and the coil eventually drops out returning the carb to normal. There should be five wires coming from the rectifier pack under the lid in the large box to the left of the engine, the 5th wire goes to the choke coil and the other wire from the choke coil goes to ground. There should be a 2 pin connector floating around in the box for the choke one wire is coloured Brown (12v feed) and the other is Green (ground or 0v). With mine, i simply fitted a dash switch from a 12v supply to the coil and the other side of the coil to ground. This should manually control the choke.