BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Lurker

Default Metered vacuum oil catch can

Happy New Year to all. I'm new to the form and gy6. I just lirchased a Trailmaster XRX200E. It runs well. Tops out about 37mph. I know there isn't much afttermarket support for the engine. I live in AZ so an oil cooler is being made for it now.
I did make an oil catch can. I don't expect it to catch much oil. I'm using it for venting the engine.
OEM the valve cover vent is ran to the airboot between the airbox and Thorttle body. It would be similar to metered vacuum on a carburetated engine.
I ran hose from the dipstick hole to an aluminum water bottle with a straight threaded 1/2 with 5/16ths barb tube. The valve cover vent is connect with a 90>threaded 7/16 5/16th. At the top of the bottle I installed a vacuum port and ran tube to the (metered vacuum) open port for the valve vent tube. Auto PCV run off of manifold vaccum. To install one correctly you would have to know a lot more than I do.
I think using metered vacuum will make the valvecover vent act more like a PVC. Also putting negative pressure in the can should help the bottom end vent better.
This is an ECU operated engine. When I started the engine it went thru cold loop. It went to curb idle and I noticed is a significant drop in idle rpm. I didn't have a chance to drive it much, it idled and ran good AND I THINK the acceleration is crisper.
What do you think? Is running metered vacuum to the oil catch can where the valvecover vent and oil fill vent helping the cause by venting the engine more efficiently and burning the gasses, kind of like a cooler running EGR.