BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Next upgrade rollers or sliders and what weight

well the buggy is now running perfectly. The kids are very happy. I however think it still needs a little more seat of the pants improvement. I purchased a new belt and a yellow spring last year. I would like to install those along with a new set of rollers or sliders. we are on a mountain so a little more torque would be preferable but I dont want a lawn tractor either. any recommendations on what to get to complete this modification? thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:36 PM

well its a tough call since we cant see your terrain but I understand your looking for more take off. You wont gain any more tq or hp but you will gain acceleration if you drop the weight on the slider/roller. I did like 10 gram rollers with a a-11 camshaft with my old yerf. Since you have a 2 seater and your saying you are on a mountain I would try 10 gram rollers and start there. I'm assuming stock camshaft and stock head?

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Heavy Contributor

I use a dr2 variator. With an 11gram slider and a 12gram roller. It's perfect for my 150cc baja. I have bottom end power and top end. 40 mph top speed
Old 06-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Administrator

10-11 gram slide if climbing ability is more important than top end.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Lite Contributor

Yep. There's no hard and set number. You just have to try a few and see what works for you. And then if you change anything, you get to stsrt experimenting again. Fun, huh? :-D
Old 06-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks guys I put the 58.5 over bore kit in with the a12 cam. The buggy cannot climb a 40 degree hill at all just sits there but no forward movement. I already got the yellow spring and a new belt. Just haven't I installed yet. Looks like I will try 10 and 11 grams. Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Lite Contributor

Don't suppose someone could share a link to the proper 10 gram rollers on ebay