BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 11-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Contributor

Default 150CC very sluggish when reving up

i have 2 150cc motors that take their sweet time to ever build up rpms one is a hammer head twister that was froze up when i got it but i got it freed up and its sluggis and smokes of course but what has me stumped is the howit 150 thats been freshly rebuilt and has a known good carb on it....the hammer head i could sorta understand but the fresh motor just has me stumped on what causing it to take so long to build up rpms.
Its the same even with the belt off and no load what so ever.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:59 PM

Valve adjustment? cam timing? Jetting? Stuck choke/enrichening circuit?
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 11-25-2015, 01:56 AM
Contributor

valves are fine timing is fine ive tried jets from 125 all the way down to 110 choke is fine. stock exhaust with uni filter also tried open exhaust
Old 11-25-2015, 07:28 PM

CVT problem?

Slider or roller stuck?

Variator or driven pulley stuck open?
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFKING69 View Post
i have 2 150cc motors that take their sweet time to ever build up rpms one is a hammer head twister that was froze up when i got it but i got it freed up and its sluggis and smokes of course but what has me stumped is the howit 150 thats been freshly rebuilt and has a known good carb on it....the hammer head i could sorta understand but the fresh motor just has me stumped on what causing it to take so long to build up rpms.
Its the same even with the belt off and no load what so ever.
unless something is over torqued binding up the cams/valves or crank, sounds like a fuel/carb issue