BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > FrankenBuggy Tech

FrankenBuggy Tech Unconventional and Home Built Buggy Tech Forum

Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Lurker

Default First Budget Buggy Build (Pics Included)

Hello all,

This is my first post and I think I've discovered a new hobby. I always have enjoyed building things from scratch using the absolute minimum amount of funds. I thought I would attempt a building a buggy from scratch with a budget of $1000 (that's with engine, transmission, frame, and engineer approval to get it on trails LEGALLY).
I ended up finding an old John Deere 11HP Snowblower for $100, and old 90's Suzuki Quadrunner 4wd for parts $70, roughly $35 in 3/4" black iron, and about $50 in flux core wire for sticking frame together. The torque converter I would like to buy (Comet rated for 11HP) is going to eat up about $400 of my total budget and the Engineer to come out to assign a VIN# will cost about $200. With these numbers, I believe my $1000 budget is feasible.

The buggy will have high and low range and will be geared for 80 km/h in high range. I believe that WOT in low range will top out no more than 20km/h (possibility of some crazy hill climbing). Full suspension double A arms in the front and engine mounted on the swing arm with 2 shocks supporting the load. Full roll cage with drum breaks on both front wheels and one drum on rear axle.

If anyone has any tips or advice on equipment I'm planning on using let me know, it will greatly be appreciated.
https://pix.sfly.com/RfV06e

Last edited by eastcoastboy; 04-04-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Lurker

Here is the front end almost complete. Most of the hard work is done now. Almost ready to check how soft or hard the suspension is.
https://pix.sfly.com/zJNHbz
Old 04-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Administrator

That’s going to be pretty cool for sure