BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 10-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Lurker

Default Sunl 90cc remote start rewire

I have a sunl 90cc buggy for my son. the plastic connector that connects the remote start to the wiring harness broke (harness side). i got a new connector but do not know the configuration of the pins/wires. if anyone could help me rewire or locate a wiring diagram.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

I don't know about the Sunl however the Kinroad and Blade buggies I worked on had a pigtail off the remote which plugged into the harness. The wire colors matched on both sides of the connectors. Since the remote was an acessory the schematic of the remote control was never included in the master schematic. How many wires does yours have and what are their colors on either side.

TOM
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Lurker

OK, On the pigtail side there are 7 wires, 1 white w/ black stripe(comes from engine kill switch with one of the next 2), 1 black, 1 gray, 2 red (one has constant voltage and the other only has voltage when trying to start), 1 dark blue & 1 light blue (whenever it touches voltage wire it turns the starter). The remote start wires are as follows (looking into the connector starting in upper left corner), Row 1; pin 1 gray, pin 2 pink, pin 3 yellow. Row 2; pin 1 red (goes to fuse then into alarm box), pin 2 blue, pin 3 yellow. Row 3; pin 1 black, pin 2 open/no wire, pin 3 orange. Hope this is enough info.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Unfortunately the wire colors don't match which is how the very first Blade and Kinroads were then someone had got smart and color matched the wires. As I said the brands I carries never included the remote start in their wiring diagrams since it was an add on acessory. I have access to some Sunl diagrams and will see if they had included this in their schematics. I do know that if some of the wires are crossed it will burn out the controller. I'll see what I can find out on this.

TOM