BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-11-2014, 04:39 AM
Lurker

Default pretty sure i got the right sprocket, just need the correct chain

thanks to xbird i am ready to finally get my red buggy (red one was originally black but the kids wanted red and i am a push over) up and running. the black one i have runs great. they are identical sunl buggies except someone took some of the front bars off on the red one before i aquired it.

both have GY6 engines

i pray i have bought the right sprocket to fit on the GY6 engine shaft, if its not right please let me know what one is and i will get it on order ASAP.
"520 Chain 17 Tooth Engine Sprocket GY6 150cc Dune Buggy"

my last major part is the chain to connect the sprocket to the axle. i can find no information giving me the exact one i should have and when i look online there are about 100 different sizes & lengths to choose from.

if anyone can give me the exact size and legth that would be great. having one buggy running is great.. if i can have both of them running i may just loose my mind...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6352.JPG (35.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg sprocket.jpg (7.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Power User

for number of links, you may want to use the chain from the one runner and put it on the other. Should be able to get an exact link count then. I take it neither buggy had reverse originally????
Old 03-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Lurker

x-bird
red one came with reverse shifter like it had a reverse but only had only a partial engine on it. reverse gear box and part of the engine was missing

black one came with reverse and works great. heck.. maybe i got the wrong sprocket ordered all together. maybe it does not need a sprocket at all and i really feel like a fool. the connection between the engine/reverse gear box on the black one if covered i never had time to take it off before i went back to work. i just assumed there was a sprocket on the shaft of the engine and the reverse gear box goes on the end.

i may have it completly wrong.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Power User

There's a sprocket on the reverse box i sent you. Make sure the bolts on it are tight. If you need help with how that one sets up, give me a call. for chain, you can go with 530 motorcycle or 50 series industrial chain (cheaper-quality a bit less TSC, fastenal etc.). You had me scratching my head with the 520 sprocket, that's likely for a scooter.