BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker

Default feul problems

I My buggy is a carter talon, it is the gy6 i just dont know the year, i know its a little older than 08 like 06, anyway i have been having feul problems and i was wondering after the filter before the carb there is a filter type looking thing i was thinking it prob has a bladder in it to pump the gas, i thought this was my prob so i took it off to see if i could get any air through it if it was malfuctioning, well i broke it and need a new one, now what are these called and what are the perpose of them, can i just bypass it???
Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Not sure by your description what it is. Most all the 150cc buggies I have encountered have a vacume operated pump attached to the fuel tank outlet. This will have a vacume line from the manifold and the fuel line which goes to the filter before going to the carb. Now some buggies do not use the vacume operated fuel pump but instead use a petcock. If you can shoot us a picture of what your talking about. TOM
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Is it clear and you can see gas in it when operating correctly?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Lurker

i will try to c what i can do with a pic for u guys, now i just have to find my daughter camera lol. i am pretty sure its a vacume operated pump, its a white metal type part that has lines from tank to it, then it to cam, then carb.