BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-05-2023, 02:19 AM
Lurker

Unhappy Fixing up my old Carbide 150

Hi
I just replaced the carburetor on the American Sportworks Carbide 150.
The old one had sealed screws(top and bottom bowl) and no way to use any screw driver on.
What a nightmare that was to switch. I suffer from MD and I am a senior.
I ended up swapping a few covers from the old to the new. Auto electric choke>manual ...vacuum operated AIR CHECK VALVE (ACV) to a non spring loaded.. no diaphragm? ..vacant cavity??.. on the new one, because the little right angled inlet, that the manifold vacuum pulled air out of the carburetor, broke off as I was attaching the tube...HUH???
Sigh...
On the Carbide there is an unused connection that could connect to the electric auto choke on the new carb but the little center shaft did nothing when I connected it (while I held it in front of me not attached to the carb) and turned the engine over with the key. So I swapped the side plate and installed the manual choke. If the auto choke needed to be grounded I could always do a test later..Please let me know how to test properly. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted to get it working..
Anyway after all this the buggy takes right off when you stomp on it...lots of power...but the speedo lights up with a blank grey screen.
Magnet still on axle and the sensor seems close enough.
I don't need the speedo..I have a spare radar detector...lol ...but it was kinda cute..
Any ideas if it is fixable? and how to?
Is all the info that it displayed contained in the speedo itself or is it just a monitor?
I think it might of had an odometer but it hasn't been running for a few years and my memory isn't what it used to be. ops:
I do know it worked a month or so ago when I first restarted it.
They are still available, but the pictures show turn signal indicators...smh
14228 Speedometer - 7150
Landmasters and Go Karts R Us are around $180 US and Hammerhead (with Arrows left and right) are $60US not including shipping..so I AM still shoppin..sort of..I am also hoping it will fix itself.
Aliexpress was no help either..their search engine is terrible..smh
I have a new set of fenders sitting at the border to be picked up.
Oh
Is it very hard to make it more powerful and faster if I finally get it out in the open again?
Let me know what you think..
Catch you later..
Old 09-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Lurker

How difficult is it to put a tach on this machine?
How involved is it?

Last edited by SmookinJoe; 09-05-2023 at 12:06 PM.