BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Heavy Contributor

Default Cooling shroud

Ok folks,
How have you BBk and 4 valve owners gotten the cooling shroud to fit back on? Do they make a bigger one for larger heads and such?
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 02-10-2014, 06:29 PM

I just snipped a small piece of shroud where that EGFr tab thingy is. Some cut the metal tab off but off but that seemed like more work.
Good thing you have HH exhaust ( I think that has adjustable sliding bracket right ?)
I used my stock exhaust and since my Large port cylinder head is indeed larger, my exhaust bracket was off my 3mm +\-
I had to finagle it in. What a P.i.t.a LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Contributor

Well Wildbob, I just cut the flange off. It didn't take long with the sawzall. I ran into that issue when I first installed mine. Needless to say I had to take it back off and cut it after I had just tightened down every bolt. You could cut your shroud if you want. Also my Hammerhead exhaust was a pain in the azz to get on. I had to drill out the bolt holes on the flange to get it to match up. Maybe it was just my flange.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Heavy Contributor

I know the studs on my 4V head are 8mm, so I might need to modify..
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 02-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Heavy Contributor

Ok, a little work with the cutting wheel, and the tabs gone.. A quick 10 mins with the dremel to make room for the bigger head on the shroud and it's all back together. Then utter failure in trying to re-mount the engine single handed. Some things are just team jobs..

2014 Kandi 90B