BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Contributor

Default will this blow me up

can I ? Should I? Why ? Why not ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Quad-Sne...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Power User

With Nitrous, you've really gotta be careful in getting your af ratio on the money. While the seller warns of this, I see nothing in the auction that shows he includes directions on how to properly set everything up. you need to be able to have the correct af ratio without the juice and with it. Otherwise you're gonna need to run rich as stink til you hit the juice. Also, i think these gy6s run at "relatively" high compression ratios in the range of 9 to 11 :1 You have to know exactly where your at with fuel and compression to run it "safely". with nos in automotive applications around 8:1 and even lower is really where you want to be at. Nitrous doesn't kill engines the way it's rep suggests IF it's used.designed right and nothing fails. However, I dodged a lot of hoods and pieces of intake manifolds etc in my days on the line when NOS cars (everything from shadetree backhalved scary crap to pro teams) had system failures (all it takes is a little dirt to clog/stop a fuel solenoid and Boom!) or poor planning and execution.

If you want to have some fun and kill an engine, plug it in and roll--jsut have a cell phone and trailer handy.
if you want to have fun and have your engine survive, begin your research and plan on it taking more than just a bolt in kit.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Contributor

Life insurance sounds like a must for you. I would watch it
on vid thou