BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Lurker

Default HELP! Can’t find my gy6 for replacement parts.

I just got a gokart for $100 knowing i would need to rebuild it from where it sat forever. However I’m having trouble locating parts, the shifter looks different the. All that I’ve seen and I need to replace it because it’s stuck or just really hard to turn, tap it with a hammer hard. I’ll upload pics. But the kart is a metal Motorsports 150 any help would be great!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:54 AM
Contributor

Yeah you have a P engine. They have an oddball head height and/or head bolt spacing. You also have the odd double chain (I feel you pain there my kinroad has it also so different sprockets are none). From my limited understanding they are also stroked from the factory and make a few more horses than a normal 150 gy6. Take the valve cover off and measure the head Studs Diagonally, If they measure 3" then all the 157QMJ parts will fit. It will just require a timing chain that is one link longer. If the studs diagonally measure 3.25 then the standard 157QMJ parts will not fit.

As for the reverse kit good luck, looks like a model specific. You might be able to swap to a more common one or swap the engine/reverse to a more common gy6 to make part easier to find.

Last edited by neo71665; 04-12-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:01 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
Yeah you have a P engine. They have an oddball head height and/or head bolt spacing. You also have the odd double chain (I feel you pain there my kinroad has it also so different sprockets are none). From my limited understanding they are also stroked from the factory and make a few more horses than a normal 150 gy6. Take the valve cover off and measure the head Studs Diagonally, If they measure 3" then all the 157QMJ parts will fit. It will just require a timing chain that is one link longer. If the studs diagonally measure 3.25 then the standard 157QMJ parts will not fit.

As for the reverse kit good luck, looks like a model specific. You might be able to swap to a more common one or swap the engine/reverse to a more common gy6 to make part easier to find.
You dont have to have the double chain as a single chain will work on the double sprocket so you can change axle sprockets as long as you make sure it lines up with one side or the other of the output sprocket......I read a while back that the "P" motors have better flowing heads and thats where they make the extra HP....Ive also seen mention that they come with a "sport" cam but as far as i know the bore and stroke are the same as the other style gy6 150s. Does that motor have 2 bolt or 4 bolt valve cover?
HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )

Last edited by BEEFKING69; 04-13-2018 at 02:03 AM.