BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 01-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Yerf dog GX150 spider box GY6. Where do these lines/tubes run?

Got some questions about where some lines are supposed to run/hook up?
1. Where does the breather tube from the intake cover supposed to run/hook up? My intake cover just had a hole and would spray oil on the back of the seat. I just bought the new cover along with the the OEM air box and a breather tube. I believe the oil separator from the air box plays a part in this?
2. Overfill/overflow tube off the bottom of the carburetor? Where is that supposed to hook up too? My line is just dangling and leaks gas all over the place?
3. I have a line coming off the top of the back of the crank case that is a breather tube? Anyone know if that needs to hook up anywhere or is it just dangling ok?
4. Lastly, missing parts, do I need them? So my kart is missing the "air strainer" for the front of the crankcase. I'm also missing the whole shroud cover for the fan. Meaning I only have the fan cover, I am missing the upper and lower shroud, carburetor cooling duct, and carb drainer tube(think I answered my previous questions as well).

Thanks again everyone
Old 02-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Administrator

1.) Typically plumbs into a fitting on the air intake box next to the carburetor.
2.) It just dangles and if you see gas coming out of it, your float system is not working right. The purpose of that line is so just in case your float isn't working right, the overflow of gas will go out that tube instead of filling up your cylinder...which is a bad thing.
3.) Sounds like a vent/breather. Need pic for confirmation.
4.) The cover for the fan you want. It creates the sealed system that is required for your self contained cooling system to work.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

1.) I believe you are referring to the crankcase breather which comes off the valve cover. If so on the yerf dog the breather hose just vents to atmosphere. If you are blowing oil out the hose it is caused either by overfilled crank case which will stop after excess blows out or you have blow by which is caused by worn or improperly installed rings.
2.) This hose is both a drain and also an overflow hose. Leaking will be caused by either a loose drain screw or in some cases a bad o-ring on drain screw, some have an o-ring and some don't. Or the carb is flooding due to dirt in float bowl, sticky or bad float, leaking needle seat. Pull the carb and give it a good cleaning.
3.) This is a breather tube for the final drive and like the engine vent , vents to atmosphere.
4.) Not sure what you are referring to air strainer for front of crankcase. The shrouds I can get for you. You can give me a call 662-301-1563 and I can get you everything needed.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Contributor

Cool

Air strainer , I was thinking he was referring to the air intake on the front of the CVT .
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks everyone! I will post some pics later. Turns out I need a whole bunch of things. I'm just glad the yerf dog is running at this point in time!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Lite Contributor

#1 intake Valve cover tubing. Just put on a new cover with breather tube. Where is it supposed to go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Lite Contributor

#2 overfill line off carb. I haven't seen it overfill since my one Incident. So hopefully it's doing its job correctly and not a bad float
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (14.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Is this correct? Black tube runs to the top right of carb (passenger side). And that yellow/orange tube goes from intake elbow to the silver fuel pump/fuel splitter that ultimately goes to gas tank (only air in line). I guess pulls the gas out through a Venturi effect? Just looked weird cuz I saw the T connection and was wondering? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Shroud housing. Well this is what I'm working with. No upper or lower shroud. No carb duct cooler hose? Is all that stuff recommended? Do I need those parts? What you guys think? Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.2 KB, 7 views)