BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Lurker

Post that's a real rice buggy.

I stumbled upon this site a few years back drinking and browsing. Whatever I did read I've all but forgotten. While I'm sure if I were to say, be browsing on a computer I'd have a better chance of finding the answers to my quandaries, I don't own a computer. While time is rather abundant in these quarantined times I've recently rediscovered my forgotten trailmaster xrx 150.

She's been ran rough like she was stolen, and the last time I drove her I was blacked out and rolled it. As I don't remember doing it, I'm not too sure how shes going to respond to my attempts in bringing her back to life. A little history on the buggy: bought it back in 2014, rand new from gokartsusa. (Don't ever deal with then, they're terrible, sorry it's the truth) broke it in and kinda babied her for the first hundred fifty miles. Then I just ran it rough. I bought the common upgrades such as performance exhaust, CDI/coil/iridium plug, UNI filter, upgraded 30mm carb with riser and manifold. I also bought a full Dr. Pulley set up consisting of the variator with 11g sliders and clutch with 1.5k spring and an upgraded teflon belt, but never installed it. Also bought a performance head from buggypartsnw the ediro stage 3. I've also got a 63mm big bore kit with a 63mm forged piston that's uninstalled (I do plan on big boring it down the line so got this when I had disposable cash) and an EFI system that's also still in the box. That's basically all I've done to it. Just the common things. Now that I've put the bottle down, I'd like to get this beast up n mashing.

So that brings me to as she sits today. I've gone ahead and replaced the stock clutch and variator with the Dr. Pulley pieces. Replaced the variator and stock rollers with sliders and discovered one of the problems I was having was the stock rollers were absolutely shot. I mean they were melted in some cases. Replaced the belt while inside the CTV aswel and cleaned it up as it was waaaay dirty. The next thing I did was replace the stock head with the stage 3 head I purchased from ****. I took pictures to make sure I put it back together correctly. Replaced the cam with an A11 and put it back together. I haven't started it up yet so idk if itll start as she sits now. But now that I've gotten back into wanting to ride this buggy I'm wondering how best to take advantage of this gy6 powerplant. I know it's made for light scooters and my buggy weighs double maybe triple a scooter with me in it. I dont want it to be fast per say. I want it to climb hills over speed. Any suggestions and or recommendations would be appreciated and thanks for reading my long rant.

pre edit: I did a 'preview post' and saw that I have a signature that says what I have, all but forgot about that.
o.O 2k14 trailmaster xrx 150, upgraded 30mm carb, endrigo racing cylinder monster head, a11 camshaft, hammerhead exhaust, UNI-filter, dr. pulley HIT clutch, dr. pulley racing variator, yellow main clutch spring, 11g dr. pulley sliders, dr. pulley clutch bell, upgraded drive belt, high-rev racing CDI, racing coil, iridium plug O.o