BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Contributor

Default Pulley issues?

Ever since I installed my motorio pulley I have been having some issues. It seems as though it is rubbing against the case and wearing a groove into it. Is there a washer or anything that should be between the back of the pulley and engine case? I believe this is also causing the issues I am having with the whining noise I am getting from my cvt case. Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue with a new pulley rubbing on the case?

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm running one on my clutch with no problems. Wonder if the internal rev case could have something to do with it. Do the pulleys seem to be lined up?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Heavy Contributor

Make sure its a 150cc clutch pulley and not a 250cc. Cause they do run bigger.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

The 250 pulley would not fit the 150 clutch.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Contributor

The pulleys look lined up. The clutch seems to have a small wobble in it. It also seems like the clutch doesnt engage at the proper rpm anymore and is slipping. I believe the wobble is due to the way it is rubbing the groove into the case though. If you remember i had the same issue with this motorio pulley rubbing on my original case before i got the new case from you for the rebuild. I took some pics of the stock and motorio pulley and the case. I will send them to you today Tom.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

The wobble tells you something. What needs to be determined is where the wobble is from. Is it the pulley, shaft bent or bearing going bad. The pulley should have no wobble. I would pull the belt then check for play in the clutch or shaft.