BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Heavy Contributor

Talking Jetting

I had been having bogging problems going WOT from a stop since I put on the 30mm pumper. I'd figured I had slapped too much carb on and went light with the jets (35 pilot, 135 main), running sunnoco standard 110 leaded racing fuel at sea level. well, she was bogging at start then running like crazy as I got on the gas. After trying a selection of increasingly bigger jets, I rejetted last night to a 45 pilot and a 145 main. Now she is EVIL!! No bog and runs like a demon. Can't wait to get the 4 valve head witha a P&P from Tom and slap in the BBK.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Good info!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Holy cow! Race fuel?! Would not have imagined you would need that much jet for that size carb, good to know.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Heavy Contributor

On the note of fuel, I'm using ethanol free, anyone else? Supposidly its better 4 the engine. anyone back this up? Cuz for the premium payed for it, if it aint worth it, y buy it?
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yeah, I thought my problem was too much carb at first, so I went small on the jets. The bogging seemed to get worse the smaller I went. I thought if anything it would be too much jet to go above 35-40. Haven't had a chance to give it a real run besides blasting up and down the street a bit..since I put on the racing exhaust it's less neighbor friendly maybe it's the fuel combined with sea level altitude make the jetting work, I'm a newbie, I don't know..
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 12-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Heavy Contributor

My opinion, for what it's worth, on the racing fuel is that it is better quality, has a longer shelf life, it's PURPLE and smells nice too.

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM

On the ethanol free stuff, for small engines, it is worth the extra $$. Run a few tanks of the regular stuff and let it sit for a winter. Guaranteed you will need to rebuild the carb. I run ethanol free in my mowers, trimmers, edgers, and so forth, and have no issues in over 3 years since the switch. For high volume use, then go with the cheap stuff, but before you store it, fill it up with E-free fuel and run it some.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Heavy Contributor

Ha! How stupid I am. I decided that during a blizzard I'd try out my new jetting. It sucks. Under load it ran like absolute crap. Next time I tell any of you that I've done something to make my buggy run well, don't believe it until independent inspectors have gone over it with a fine tooth comb.

2014 Kandi 90B