BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Contributor

Default WOT cut out

Having some issues with my gy6. It has been cutting out at WOT and kicking back in. It does this constantly and for the life of my I cannot figure out where the problem lies. I swapped my manifold out to one of the 30mm with riser tube and don't seem to have any sort of vacuum leaks. Switched the fuel to gravity fed, thinking the fuel couldn't keep up. Swapped out electrical parts with extras I have (coil, rectifier, cdi). Only thing I haven't done is readjust the valves. Last I checked they were good, and I haven't really ran the buggy since then but to idle and wear the new piston in. Any ideas? I am stumped.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 PM

Do a video, but it does sound like the main jet.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Contributor

Well I swapped jets. Both higher and lower. Still cuts out. and now it completely cuts out and will stall the engine if I don't let out WOT. I am stumped. On top of that I am having starter issues. After running for a bit all I get is a click at the solenoid. however jumping the terminals with turn the engine over. Any ideas?

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 06-23-2014, 02:22 PM

Hmmmm sounds like jetting mb

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.