BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Contributor

Default CarBide Clicking Noise

I put the motor back together and installed the transmission parts that was missing. hooked everything back up. Now when i try to start it it just make's a clinking noise. Swapped out the relay and starter still same thing. made sure motor will turn check grounds etc. still can't seem to find out why it won't start
any suggestion?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Contributor

Hmmm......
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

You will have to start at the switch and work back to the starter making sure you have 12 volts when turning the key to start. Run a direct jump wire from the battery to starter and see if it turns over.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
You will have to start at the switch and work back to the starter making sure you have 12 volts when turning the key to start. Run a direct jump wire from the battery to starter and see if it turns over.
I took a wire and hooked it to the - on the batter and the other end to the motor and the starter and turn on the key and it kick over but didn't want to do it to long and damage something.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Not sure I understand what you did. Where on the starter did you connect the negative from the battery.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you did. Where on the starter did you connect the negative from the battery.
I left everything like it was. took the green wire that was connected to the battery. took a different wire hooked it to the battery and the other end hooked it to the bolt on the cv cover on the engine is the wire from the starter and the green ground suppose to be on the same post on the relay then there is two other reds on the other post of the relay. also i'm using a 14la battery is that too much juice for the carbide? there was a little battery on it but it went bad
Old 06-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

The solenoid has 2 large terminals and a 2 wire pigtail. The + lead off battery goes to 1 terminal on the solenoid ans another lead goes from the solenoid to the starter. With a jumper wire jump across the 2 large terminals on the solenoid. If the starter turns over the starter is good, if not the starter is bad. If starter turns over the next step is to make sure the yellow wire off pigtail gets 12 volts when key is turned to the start position and the green wire off pigtail goes to ground. If either is missing to the pigtail the problem is either in the harness or ign switch. If you have the voltage to yellow with key turned to start and the grn wire goes to ground the problem will be the solenoid.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Contributor

I replace the Starter and the relay. it still does the clicking. but if i unhook the green wire from - on the battery and put a wire from the - on the battery and then to the cv cover the starter will turn the motor over. the solnoid is that the round metal cylinder with 2 post and 2 red wires on one post and the other had the red from the starter and the green to the - on the battery.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Contributor

also there is a plug with 2 wire's not connected to anything
Old 06-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Contributor

I think i need a new wire harness. looking like someone cut some wire and splice in the grounds and a few other wire's in there. do you carrier the wire harness? I'm not sure which one i need 14740 or 14739
Old 06-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

I tried calling but got your answer prompt. I'll try calling a bit later, I've been in the other shop and cannot hear the phone. I'll need to talk to you so as to determine weather you need a harness and if so which one or both.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Contributor

Quote:
I tried calling but got your answer prompt. I'll try calling a bit later, I've been in the other shop and cannot hear the phone. I'll need to talk to you so as to determine weather you need a harness and if so which one or both.
I think i need both cause who ever had this before splice and connect the two harness together for some reason
Old 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

I will try to call you sometime tomorrow morning unless there is a better time to call you just let me know. I'll give you a price on the harnesses.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Contributor

ok i think it is just the swing arm harness i need. But i think i might of messed up. is some of the wire's crimp together with some of the wire showing? there was some tape wrap around some of the wires and when i took the tape off there were a few of the ground wires and a couple other that were crimp with little connector to join the wires together but some of the wires were bare. you can call me tomorrow around noon i should be around i may of been out in the shed working on the buggy when you called
Old 06-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Contributor

anyone have a carbide and can tell me what wire goes were maybe i can fix this harness if a new one is to much?