BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Clutch rollers and belt upgrade

I Put a yellow main spring in my kids buggy a while back and it was a great improvement however I notice the clutch was not looking great chunks of the pads were missing and some cracks in others. I put it on the ill get to it list. Well took the kids up a mountain on a logging road and on the way back down we coasted the engine stalled in drive and long story short the belt was destroyed. after kicking myself a few times for the stupid move. I decided it was time to rebuild the whole darn trans on the buggy. I ordered a kevlar belt a performance clutch with yellow springs, new case gasket, and some new 10 gram rollers as they seem to be the favorite among folks on this site. the clutch i got was this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191938328196 when it arrived the yellow springs were not installed there were blue ones installed on the clutch assembly. I decided I would give the blue springs a shot since it was extremely hot out and I did not feel like tearing the clutch apart. I reassembled everything and tried it out. I was amazed at how well the buggy drove it used to surge to get going now it drives smooth like a real car. also has good power going up the steep trails on my property. I spent about 65 to 70 bucks on all the parts but it is amazing how much better the machine drives. My suggestion do not overlook the clutch! I know I cheaped out and used ebay stuff but the results were good for me and better for my budget. BTW if your gonna tackle the job go buy yourself a 1.5 inch impact socket for removing the clutch nut it will save you lots of headaches.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Contributor

Cool

Good Deal , Good Info.
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 08-16-2016, 12:19 PM

With summer heat, the clutch, belt, and rollers will all wear faster. With ur old belt warn and stretched the heat helped it finally give way. 10 gram rollers seem to be a sweet spot for 2 seater buggies, as it helps get it moving with the weight it has to carry. The new clutch I'm sure is grabbing nicely for you. I'm going to mod my cvt cover a little for more ventilation, as they get super hot inside and there's alot of threads of people modding it for cooling with good results. Not sure if you know this but the cvt filter that sits in the front of the cvt to filter air in actually gets very restrictive. There's a updated rubber piece that you can buy for $5-7 bucks and it will help vent more air in. Glad to hear the good results, makes for.another happy buggy rider.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:08 PM

I agree, clutch and the p&p heads, are probably 2 of the easiest ways to make these buggys go!