BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Lurker

Default Jerking/surging under load

Hey all! I have a Roketa 150cc. It runs great when my son is by himself. But when an adult is with him it surges or jerks under a load. I had thought it was the chain but after putting a camera on it I couldn't see it skipping. Here is a video of me and my son riding together. You can hear it real bad even at a distance. Thanks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhuFH...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Lurker

Ok after tooling with it today. I believe it's a bad chain. I had tightened the chain up 2 days ago. I checked it again and it had a lot of slack. I tightened it again and after riding for 5 mins. it's loose again. The chain must be just wore out and keeps stretching.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Heavy Contributor

Try cleaning the chain really good with a brush and degreaser, gunk or carb cleaner than rinse and chain lube it. You may have dirt trapped inside ur o rings and chain links. Try that before ordering a new chain... might save you time and money.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Power User

also look at the top rear engine mount/chain tensioner. not sure of the swingarm configuration, but on the more common types, the upper cross tube begins to bend down at the mount. tighten chain, thrash a bit and it bends more and the chain is loose again ... several threads on here on how to beef up that area.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Heavy Contributor

Yes what xbird said I had to beef mine up by welding a pipe across where chain tentioner is. Mine bent and cracked. Depanding on your setup.