BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Lite Contributor

Post Carb issues "i think"

I think I got carb issues. I have a GS Moon XYKD 150-3. It has independent rear suspension and an odd ball gy6. Overall it runs good. I just replaced the clutch with a koso and the variator with a koso with 12 gram rollers. I also opened up the exhaust to about 1.5 inch but haven't welded a tip on yet is it needed for proper operation. The issues I'm having is if I try to run my homemade cold air intake it will idle great but try to accelerate and it bogs and dies, so I rejetted to a 125 main jet. I also cleaned the carb I didn't soak it I just blew all the jets and holes out with carb cleaner. The carb is a Deni If I put the stock air box on it'll run pretty good but have to screw the air/fuel mixture screw out about 4 turns is this ok but to add another issue I have to tinker with the air/fuel mix screw before every ride even with the stock air box. Any info/help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Administrator

What size was the factory main jet?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Administrator

BTW being 4 turns out isn't a deal breaker. If you have to go much more than that you wouldn't simply bump the pilot jet one but four out isn't that big of a deal to me. Reading your plug is your friend on this deal to find out which way you need to go for your main.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Lite Contributor

I ain't sure what size the factory main jet is. I did manage to get it to run with the homeade cold air intake on, I had the pvc pipe at 12" cause I liked where this put the filter but I remember tom saying it should be around 6" so I cut it and it will run pretty good. Is a nipple welded in the exit of the exhaust an important thing. I thought about uping my pilot jet a size or to but after some research this appears pretty uncommon on a basically stock gy6. Thanks for the help buggymaster.