BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Lurker

Default mixing roller weights

hey folks can anyone one tell me if u can run rollers and sliders together i have read here that some people are running like 10g an 12g rollers at the same time but can you run sliders an rollers at the same time i've got a set of 11.5g sliders an a set of 14g rollers will it work or will the rollers over power the sliders an do all the work or do you get the "the best of both worlds" lol p.s. and why are these darn buggy's so $*#@!&* addictive
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Power User

I'd question the "wisdom" of doing this. Mechanically speaking, the different weight rollers want to adavance outward at different rates in relation to rpm. I could see this causing potential binding of the ramp plate or incomplete outward movement of it, or loss of contact of one set of the rollers while the others advance and move the plate. it would be interesting to stick a high speed camera on a unit with this done to it (with the cover off) to see what's actually happening.)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

There is a dual ramp variator from KidNMe that allows the use of two different weight rollers. I suspect if you do this with a stock variator, you will stress it and it fail prematurely without the equal support of all the weights at the same height.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Lurker

thanks guys thats kinda what i thought that it sounded to good to be true