BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Lurker

Default Yonghe 150cc

So for Easter I got my 9 year old a buggy, being that I have never owned one or worked on one I was a little dreadful of it but I made the plunge. Before I gave it to him I went through the motor, did all the regular maintenance and that Sunday he drove it like he stole it. Well that came with a price……. The PO had not done any regular maintenance and 2 days after the boy had it I was already welding LOL. That’s all fixed and stronger than it ever was when I got done. Glad I checked the other side cause I had to weld it up as well.

I have a few questions and wants and I am hoping you guys can help.
1) See the picture with the little pit cock AKA “looks like a grease fitting” it’s not of course but I can’t figure out what it is… thoughts?
2) I would like to add some head lights across the top roll bar, what do you recommend?
3) Last but not least, I’m hooked and I want one to ride with him, I would like 250cc or bigger what do you guys recommend?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fun1.jpg (54.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Yonghe1.jpg (50.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg BM1.jpg (29.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Ouch1.jpg (55.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Ouch2.jpg (58.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Ouch3.jpg (51.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Heavy Contributor

The header pipe has a fresh air intake to help reduce emissions. Removing it will not help performance unless they fitted the small pipe poorly into the main header. Remove the muffler and grind out any obstructions you see from the inside.

I prefer the CFMoto 250cc engines over the CN250 since they have a dual range CVT transmission. Look for a 2006 or new Joyner Sand Viper or a 2007 or newer Hammerhead 250SS or 250GTS. There were other models of Joyner and Hammerhead using the more common CN250 single range CVT, so look at the shifter for L-H-N-R positions verses F-N-R.