BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Lurker

Default carter talon gy6 not starting

So i got a gy6 talon from a friend for free cause it doesn't work and he didn't really care to fix it so im trying to figure out why its not running, the battery seems to be dead so i charged it up but the engine wont kick over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbXcG...S0ANsm4qBVsz-0

any suggestions as to what i should look at first also i found this in the seat which looks like it connects directly from the fuel tank but i dont see were it would go to and it could be the problem ?

also i understand there is a manual fuel switch to go from on,off,and res but i cant seem to find it.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Contributor

Thats a fuel filter , if your gas tank has that line going to the carb you fine on that for now , i would start by pulling the spark plug and seeing if you have spark , first
Old 01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Fuel- fire/spark- compression are needed. If you have spark then verify you have fuel- unscrew the very bottom screw on the carb bowl facing sideways and see if fuel flows out the overflow line.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Lurker

I'll check tomorrow to see if I have fuel flowing and if there is spark can someone post a picture of there or tell me were the filter connect to I see we're one end connects but not the other.

Also I read that there is a manual fuel switch somewhere but I cannot find it. Where would that be located at
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Lurker

My fuel switch is under my fuel tank
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

As Metal stated the first thing to check is for a good blue spark, then as in your previous picture with the fuel line disconnected from the carb turn over the engine to see if the vacume fuel pump is working, next check your fuel bowl for fuel by opening the drain at bottom. If all the above is good then the carb might be plugged from the use of ethanol fuel. The compression sounded good but thats just guessing for you should do a compression test to see what kind of compression you have. I would also check the valve adjustment .003" intake, .005 exhaust cold. You should also use the non ethanol fuel if available in your area for it will solve the headaches of using ethanol fuel. Google <pure-gas.org> when the page comes up scroll to the bottom and click on your states abv. this will show all the last known stations for real gas with no ethanol. Always inquire first if said station still carries the pure form. The nice thing about this site is that if a station does not handle any more you can comment on it as well as if you find someone else who now carries it. It will eventually be changed to reflect this.

TOM