BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Lurker

Default Jehm 150 electrical problem

Hello everyone,
I'm new and here and new to go karts and buggies. Just recently got a Jehm 150cc buggy and took it out the first day and flipped it and broke my arm lol anyways about the 4th day I had the buggy after some trail riding and going through some mud my sister was driving down the road and the buggy just shut off. My dad determined a dead battery was the problem so we got a new one and hooked it up but nothing happened. Not even the speedometer lights turned on. After inspecting more we found a fuse holder on top of the engine with a blown fuse, after replacing the fuse as soon as I hooked up the battery the fuse blew. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Go thru and un-plug and re-plug all the connections/switches. This process will let you see if a wire has a bare spot grounding against the frame somewhere and ensure that you don't have a loose connection. Is yours the green machine?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Go thru and un-plug and re-plug all the connections/switches. This process will let you see if a wire has a bare spot grounding against the frame somewhere and ensure that you don't have a loose connection. Is yours the green machine?
The green machine?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Power User

First off, sorry to hear about the arm, glad it wasn't anything worse ...

the roll over may have caused the wiring harness to pinch somewhere and either tear some insulation on multiple wires , exposing the wires and the harness, which may have water/mud in it shorting it out. or just a tear in a wire that's grounding on the frame and just a coincidence that it died in the mud.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Lurker

Thanks, yeah I'm glad too.
The rollover happened after going through the mud, and it died on the road actually