BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Lurker

Cool 150 gy6 with reverse question

I have a new gy6 w/rev but can't find any info on the gear oil capacity. Does anyone know where I can find a good service manual for this specific 150 gy6 that actually has some information that I can use? The dealer was worthless and BVPOWERSPORTS(Trailmaster) couldn"t tell me either. I appreciate any help.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Power User

i take it this is an internal reverse Gy6? I know the std. GY6 is 80 ml. there are a couple of other brands with internal reverse, you may want to search "internal reverse" here, find one of the other buggy brands with the same reverse and do an online search for a users manual download.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Lurker

Yes it is with integral reverse. When I changed the gearoil I took 6 cups out. Yhere is no oil level bolt to determine level.There is only the fill bolt at the top of the gearcase. Most, if not all gearcases only require the oil to be at or near the center of the shaft and splash(carry) the oil to the rest of the gears and I"m not sure what the proper level would be. If it was filled correctly at the factory that would be 6 cups. I would just like to know for sure.Thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Power User

did a quick search, American Sportworks 7150 Carbide Quantum has a 150 with internal reverse, manual for that one calls for 750 ml of 80/90 wt.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Contributor

They must like that measurement in China...LOL. The Linhai 300 gear box is embossed at the factory, calling for 750ml also. So after draining, I dumped in 3/4 quart, and called it good to go! LOL