BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Lurker

Angry Quantum 7150 Go Kart Mini Buggy 100cc starting problem

I have had this buggy for about three years. The first year everytime I used it the chain would break. Got that fixed. Last year I couldnt get it to start at all. Found out that the carb was done bought a new one. Yay won on that. This year I have decided to sell it but wanted to make sure it was running before the person came to pick it up. Guess what its not working. Oh what a surprise!!!!

My question for you. Is it is a brand new carb, new fuel line and new fuel filter. I can get it to start but it will not stay running for any longer then maybe 10-15 seconds. I was wondering if maybe the carb needs to be taken off again and cleaned or if I have missed something. As i said the carb was replace last year but it was only ran once after it was fixed. If i give it any throttle then it stalls out. Can anyone please give me some info on how to get it running so i can get rid of this pain in the rear.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

It does sound like the carb is dirty again.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

If the buggy has set up for over a month with the ethanol blended fuel the carb will need cleanning. Just make sure to empty the fuel tank completely and fill with fresh fuel not over 2 weeks old if kept in a plastic container.