BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Default right combo!

A little help guys. I'm doing my 3rd 150 single up, and I'm into the variator now. I thought I read, in this forum some time ago, that the best combo of weights for our 150 buggy's was half 9g and half 12g sliders. Can anyone confirm this for me, and how do I know exactly what weights to get measurement wise???
Old 05-30-2015, 09:08 AM

bear, if ur looking for some off the line 10 gram rollers work well, or even 10 gram sliders, u would need a accurate scale to weigh them.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

My Carter's have 8 and 10rollers.... my baja has 11 sliders and 12 rollers. I guess all buggys are different..... we'll mine are.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Ask yourself this question. Why do you tune the CVT, and what are you trying to achieve? The stock rollers give the best performance all around but has it's limits. If you climb steep hills you will want the lighter roller so as to slow the upshift thus keeping the rpm's higher while climbing. Since the GY6 was designed for the much lighter scooter the buggy which is much heavier will need a lighter roller than the scooter. The more power the engine produces the heavier roller you will need as compared to the stock engine. This is why Miamieddie uses lighter roller weights in his heavier Carter than he does in the lighter Baja. I'm running 18g rollers in my single seat Blade and I'll climb almost any hill. The power your engine makes along with the type of riding you do will determine what weight rollers you will use.