BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 11-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Youth Rally at Doe Mountain coming June 2016.

Coming June 2016
(Tentatively the 18th and 19th

Rally on Doe Mountain
A "Youth" Rally Race

Single track, one direction, timed release.

Ages elgible for racing:
8-17

From 150cc(8hp) to 250cc(20hp)

Off road karts, Buggys, SxS's
Rally on Doe Mountain will be a publically invited race "exclusively" for ages 8 thru
17. In off road vehicles "exclusively" for 8hp to 20hp. This is a charity hosted
event(Racing Dreamz). ALL proceeds goes to help establish an off road racing
series for our mission and to help with housing needs of homeless U.S. Veterans.

More information coming as we get organized.

http://www.doemountain.org/pdf/Draft...t2013-comp.pdf

We'd love to have a class for the buggys. If any parents who want their kids to participate, please let me know so I can open a class for the buggys specifically.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miniutv.jpg (75.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Lite Contributor

New Flyer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RallynewatDoeMountain.jpg (106.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Lite Contributor

Production UTV rzr 170/rzr Clone150cc/150cc buggy/kart class requirements
1. Polaris RZR 170 Vehicle, RZR Clone 150/170cc, 150/170cc off road buggy/kart
2. Aftermarket Cages & Suspension are allowed
3. Driver must be at least 7 yrs old and no older than 17 yrs old
4. Polaris rzr 150cc/170cc GY6 engine (max) must be used
5. Aftermarket or reflashed ECU's not allowed
6. Intake, Exhaust & Fuel programmer allowed
7. Driver Window net or wrist restraints required
8. If racing w/ a passenger, a passenger net or wrist restraint also required.
9. 3, 4, 5 point seat belts required for each occupant
10. All occupants must wear helmet, eye protection, long pants and long sleeve shirt. Fire suit is recommended.
11. Race numbers on both sides of vehicle and the rear of the vehicle. White background w/black numbers. Minimym 6” tall
12. Aftermarket roll cage and a roof panel IS recommended.
13. Must reain 2 seat design(single seater by design allowed)
14. Roof panel(hard or canvas) required.

Modified(Open) UTV, buggy/kart class requirements Polaris RZR 170 Vehicle, RZR Clone 150/170cc, 150/170cc off road buggy/kart

15. Aftermarket Cages & Suspension are allowed
16. Driver must be at least 7 yrs old and no older than 17 yrs old
17. Polaris rzr 150cc/170cc GY6 engine (max) must be used
18. Aftermarket or reflashed ECU's not allowed
19. Intake, Exhaust & Fuel programmer allowed
20. Driver Window net or wrist restraints required
21. If racing w/ a passenger, a passenger net or wrist restraint also required.
22. 3, 4, 5 point seat belts required for each occupant
23. All occupants must wear helmet, eye protection, long pants and long sleeve shirt. Fire suit is recommended.
24. Race numbers on both sides of vehicle and the rear of the vehicle. White background w/black numbers. Minimym 6” tall
25. Aftermarket roll cage and a roof panel IS recommended.
26. Must reain 2 seat design(single seater by design allowed)
27. Roof panel(hard or canvas) required.

Trophy Kart/Short Course Karts Class requirements
Jr1 & Jr 2

Requirements same as above Modified vehicles.

Unlimited Youth 250-300cc Class requirements
UTV/buggy/kart 250cc-300cc
Aftermarket roll cage w/door panels and roof panel is required.
Driver must be at least 12 yrs old and no older than 17 yrs old.
Engine up to 300cc, must match make and model of vehicle. (No engine swaps)
Engine & Performance Mods ARE ALLOWED.
Driver window ned or wrist restraints required.
If racing w/a paggenger, a passenger net or wrist restrain also required.
5 point seat belts required for each occupant
All occupants must wear helmet, eye protection, long pants & long sleeve shirt. Fire suit is recommended.
Race numbers on both sides of vehicle & the rear of the vehicle. Black background w/white numbers. Minimm 6” tal.
A ftermarket suspension allowed
One 2.5lb Fire Extinquisher mounted on UTV w/quick release

Age Classes - 7-10yrs(150-170cc stock, Jr1), 11-12 yrs(Stock/Modified, Jr1, Jr2), 13-17 yrs(250-300cc open, Jr2).

Rules Infractions and Protest
If a racers does not meet all outlined requirements, he/she will not pass tech and not be allowed to race. All requirements must be met prior to the closing of Technical Inspection.
Post race technical inspection is left up to the discretion of the race director and/or tech director.
To file a formal protest either prior to or following the race, the driver must report to the race director and/or tech director no less than 1 hour before the race starts and no more than 30 minutes following that particular classes race.
You will be asked to fill out a formal protest form and you will be required to put up a $500 cash protest fee. Should the driver in question be found to have not violated any rules that driver will claim the $500 protest fee. Should the driver in question be found to have violated any rules, the driver will be disqualified from the event and the driver who protested will get their $500 fee returned.
Should you be found guilty of cheating it is up to the organizaers and the race director to decide if you will be invited back to compete at the Rally @ Doe Mountain events, so PLEASE DO NOT CHEAT!!!!

Racing Entry Fee will be TBA at a later date.

Please contact info@racingdreamz.org Technical Director, with any additional rules rules or technical questions:
For all other questions please contact Ben Jones – ben@racingdreamz.org.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Lite Contributor

It is with very heavy grief I write this. We at Racing Dreamz had planned a Rally @ Doe Mountain youth event for months. We were really looking forward to hosting this event for the kids across the country to have a venue and a place to race their utvs/karts and buggies. We though by last December, we have event insurance coverage in place. But come last March, the company that assured they would cover us, backed out. They did try to find other companies to cover us, but that just didnt happen. As much as we've scrambled and tried, we just cant do it. Also, in the last 5 months, we've tried to get sponsors to help us host this event, tried to enlist other groups and individuals to help video the event. We did get one group's assurance they would help manage it. The owner of Mountain View Raceway in Boone, NC offered to purchase the trophies for the kids and help us manage the Race Day events. But other than that, I'm afraid to say, no one just gave a ****. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's just the way it is. Mike Farmer with the TN NOHCC and Doe Mountain went out of their way to help Racing Dreamz to get this event going. They have a great vision for Doe Mountain and we are honored that they included us in that. But without sponsors, we just cannot afford to host it and purchase insurance(if it was available) by our selves. Donna and I live on a fixed income and we volunteer our time(and a lot of our own limited money) to make Racing Dreamz work. But we just cant do it alone. So I'd also like to call out the youth utv/kart/buggy companies. They want you to sell and promote their product, but they dont want to spend a dime helping you promote their product. Anytime you see a youth motor sport vehicle, know that the company does not care about kids, just their bottom line.
Local business here in Mountain City, even the motor sport business, could care less about the youth in our locale. I approached several business's here and all I got was the same thing. Cant help, but if you want to buy something, we're at your service. Excuse me if I sound bitter, but I've put over 6 months of hard work and time into this only to be let down, time and time again. I'm tired of the lies, put off's, promises(TK) and bull****. Donna and I have tried to help the kids in both Carter County and now Johnson County. But, again, no one gives a ****.
I apologize for my thoughts and words but it's the truth. We will move on with other programs. The youth program is dead.
We hope that we can create a new SCCA chapter here in the upper east Tenn region so we can help our veterans racing program.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Contributor

Cool

.. ... .... .....
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY