Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
My $400 Craigslist Buggy - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Lurker

Default My $400 Craigslist Buggy

Hey what's up, I just bought my buggy about a week and a half ago off craigslist for 400 and new to the buggy world. I've been browsing on this site looking at the best cheapest upgrades for acceleration but not sure what's a good brand to go with and also I don't know what kind of bug I have, I searched the vin# and a kandi popped up that looks almost identical to mine. I was told by the previous owner that he replaced the carb (looks fairly new), cdi, and ignition plug.

So far i cleaned up the harness because I found a few cut wires that was just twisted together, I also bought some turning signals because the rear was missing, turning signal flasher(will need help wiring that up), new auto zone brake light(that was missing as well), and I changed the oil which was pretty Nasty there was metal shaving in the oil, so I'm not to sure if it's worth fixing up the motor.

My plans for the buggy:
Get it registered in California
New paint
New steering rack, unless I can replace the boots
New ball joints
New suspension
Need to front tires 19x7.00 - 8nhs
New fender fairings
Need 109" reverse cable
New Brighter headlights
And of course some more power to wake this motor up

If anyone can help me find parts I'm looking for at a decent price I'd appreciate it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Vonix; 03-31-2016 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Lurker

Nice buggy Vonix! Great deal. There are a lot of great folks on here that can offer some advice. Just wait for it. You can search all types of upgrades and fixes on here too. Make sure you put a year make and model , so these guys can offer the right advice. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hammerhead, Kandi and Roketa all had that buggy design.But all 3 used slightly different specs for their parts. Most common parts will fit but struts are going to be different and some of the engines will be different. In the beginning Kandi who also supplied Roketa were known for copying others designs until taken to the world court by Hammerhead, so they had to make small changes to get around the copy right laws. The main thing to look at is the engine. Does it have a 2 bolt or 4 bolt valve cover and with the valve cover off measure diagonally between two studs which hold the cylinder and head center to center. It should be 3" center to center. If they are 3 1/8' center to center you will have a problem with engine parts. There are a ton of mods to get more power out of that engine, it depends on your budget. Being your new to the buggies all parts are not created equal for you will get what you pay fore. You can get back to me with those measurements and either call me or e-mail me and I can let you know the best route within your budget to get you the best power gain for your dollar. 662-301-1563 tom@sycpowersports.com
Old 05-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Contributor

It's always fun when one gets a new buggy to tinker with.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD

Last edited by EVILWS6; 08-18-2016 at 04:57 PM.