BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Lurker

Default vacume lines/ vent lines

im just gonna put a uni on my 150 quantum, there is a breather line coming off the head and another coming off the fuel pump, do i need to tie these into new filter tube, cause there are no ports on the tube
Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

The one on the head is for your crankcase ventilation. I simply laid ours down and aimed it downward and was fine. Others have made a tit on the new intake tube for it to go on. Tryin to think of what the other one is. There's not a fuel pump on those machines.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Lurker

ya i think its fuel pump, its got a steel line that goes to exhaust, one to filter(i think it was hooked on) and one goes into a T into intake
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

The gy6 has no fuel pump. Strictly gravity feed. What you describe sounds like some sort of exhaust recirculating system for EPA emission standards. Pulls un burnt fuel/exhaust from exhaust then runs it back through carb through a vacuum activated valve. [your fuel pump thingy] You can get rid of it unless your concerned about the effect it may have on the ozone layer, global warming and stuff. It won't effect the performance of the motor. The hose from the valve cover is just a vent to relive excess crankcase pressure. Route it down low so that water can't get up the hose. Secure it so it doesn't flop around. With a uni there is only one vacuum hose needed. It runs from the vacuum source nipple on the intake to the slide diaphragm on the top of the carb. You will need to re-jet! if you don't ,you will run lean and eventually fry the motor. Stock jetting is some where around 114 on the main jet depending on some versions of a gy6. get a couple of jets in the 120's range. this will get it back to a good air/fuel ratio with a Uni filter.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Lite Contributor

You will also need a vacuum line running to the petcock on the bottom of your fuel tank it is vacuum operated and shuts the fuel off when engine is not running.