BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Lite Contributor

Default 2006 Dazon 150 Raider Classic Won't Stay in Gear

We're having an issues where the screw circled in yellow is stripped and not providing pressure allowing the kart to stay in gear. When we apply pressure the kart will stay in Forward, Neutral, or Reverse. Tried tightening it and it spins in place.

Does anyone know what it's holding in place? What the part is called? The diagrams and manuals don't show it very well or describe it.

How should we repair it? The housing is aluminum and the bolt is steel. Both appear to be stripped. Will removing it damage anything?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Lite Contributor

No one has any idea about this?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Lite Contributor

When my uncle was looking at the kart (I'm still out of state) the bolt holding the spring snapped. The bolts have all been repaired now.

However the kart will not go in reverse anymore and won't stay in forward. He said the shaft with the spring on it will almost pull all the way out (doesn't sound good). Any thoughts? He's tried adjusting the shifter cable and the bolt highlighted in yellow.

Last edited by Superman; 09-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Power User

Sk much at all about how these work, but it seems like the bolt./shaft with the spring would be a shift fork---if it's able to slide out, sounds like something internal on the other end has broken or come unbolted.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Lite Contributor

Yeah sound right about the shift fork. Any idea where I could find a service manual? I have the owners manual and it's not in depth enough. Tom from Sycarms is looking for his copy.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Lite Contributor

Aha! So after tearing down the transmission it is the Shifter Pin. I ordered a new pin, o-ring, and shifter pin sleeve for $10 from http://www.dazonparts.com/

Should have it up and running this weekend once the parts arrive! The old pin was worn down and not holding it in gear. Pretty stoked! $10 fix for a $600 buggy. Great deal.