BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 12-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Contributor

Default 1012 TM 150 XRX carb locked out? rly???

so i recently picked up my new TM150 xrx. i got to work looking and digging lastnite into how i could possibly do some simple mods. i got to the carburator....it had screws with rivets on the top and bottom of the carb top vacuum cap, and bowl area.....i was thinking 'REALLLLLYYYY"?????? anyways. i grinded and removed that crap. replaced with new screws. i found my main jet to be a 111,and the idle to be a 35..... i pulled the needle found a thin spacer washer at the bottom. and raised my needle by installing anothe washer ontop of the other. i also installed a clamp on uni in the air box. it starts and runs like a dream. just wondering if i should look into a bigger main and needle which is a (DB4). any thoughts or comments?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM

Default whats next?

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new buggy! so what are your future mod plans?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Contributor

actually i need to seek advice of this. i live out in the country. i will be doing about half and half of trail riding. (decent shaped trails.nothing crazy or washed out)but there are a couple of decent grade hills i would like to defeat.lol. i had a HH150 couple years back. almost made it but could do it alone. i will also be doing a fair share of gravel and chipped road riding.(my area is very rural) i am wanting to collect some ideas and insight into what kind of mods i could ivest in that could help me conquer some hills. but also get some higher top speed for the road. and thanks for having me to the forum its a pleasure
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 PM

If its advice u want Tom @ sycpowersports is ur man his header is at the top of our page, give him a call or drop him a email, the man is a pure pleasure to talk to and he really knows these buggy's!!!