BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Rollers/sliders for low end power

Rebuilding a crossfire and plan on hard packed dirt road riding. Some fire roads with some steep hills. Not to interested in top speeds just enough power to climb a hill without thinking. What combination would be best or is the stock one enough. Plan on tearing it down to clean and check and if need be then would be the time to change these. Rollers or sliders and mainspring?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Lite Contributor

I run 10 gram sliders and 2000 rpm contra spring. Mine is irs and a very heavy buggy but still climbs pretty good.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Heavy Contributor

If no gearing changes are being made then what rebellin said is good. I think sliders just work better period. The lighter weights will let the Rpms get up and the 2000rpm spring will slow the up shift holding on to the lower gear

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks rebellinredneck sounds like a plan I have parts to order I think your suggestions are what I am going with. Once it's apart I may as well put new ones in. Will this setup give me more pick up off the line?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Lite Contributor

You should notice a difference won't be a dramatic difference but
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

Straight off the line the difference will be minimal but as you accelerate it will hold on to the low gear alot longer giving you more pull on the hills. If you aren't interested in building the motor you could always put a 35t or 39t sprocket on the axle and you would have pull all day long. They aren't too expensive, just have to remove the axle to change it.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Lite Contributor

Great idea slestak75 It has two sprockets on it now need to count the teeth to see just what is there. May end up carrying two people so low end would be best. (Just don't want the quad ride anymore) pulling the axel doesn't look to bad it's all apart now so this would be the time to do it all.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Heavy Contributor

39t and she would be a dirt slinging tire roasting beast up to about 30mph. A 35t would be a good in between. Still pull hard but have a bit more top end. With either sprocket you could go more middle of the road in the cvt. sliders and 1500 rpm spring.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Heavy Contributor

Don't go lighter than 11grams on the sliders I was told or you'll lose ur top end. With 11 you'll keep both top and low. And yes sliders seem to be more durable than rollers...Eddie.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Lite Contributor

How about compromise 11gram sliders and a 1500 spring? Buggy already has a 39 tooth sprocket (if I counted right)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Heavy Contributor

Yes 1500 spring. Ur buggy will be more of a beast than mine due to ur 39 teeth vs my 34. Ur sprockets bigger so you'll more low end power than mine...Eddie.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

You got that right. That thing should rip the pavement up.That setup will do just what you want. I'd work on making it reliable. Not alot of need for more power with that gearing.....unless you just like spending money.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks, that is just what I am doing now going over everything only other question is does a uni help compared to the stocker. This buggy will be used only say every other weekend. Sitting for longer periods at a time. Have had tractor filters get chewed on but varmints. Stocker is inside the box making it harder for them to get at.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Heavy Contributor

If that's the case then keep the box... it just wont be as beastly as if you had a uni.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Heavy Contributor

The uni will increase performance a bit. You would have to rejet the carb. But in your case you may be better off with stock. Of coarse the uni is supposed to be oiled and this may deter them too.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Lite Contributor

Kinda what I thought a uni is a very easy mod I can do up in the woods over any weekend if I find it need a little more.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 PM

I went with 10 gram rollers in my yerf and it was night and day difference, gas milage goes down but its well worth it
Old 03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Lite Contributor

Went and ordered 11 gram sliders and 1500 spring along with 8 other pieces I needed should have it back together by the end of the week. Thanks for the advice.