BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 07-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Lurker

Default Yamabuggy Engine Options...

Say what you will, I have a yamabuggy and I think its great. It's actually an SLGK 250. I've redone several things on the motor and put a new clutch in and it rips on my dirt track. It goes uphill really well with just me or me and my kid, but taking some other adult riders along it starts really trying. I've been looking for the jv clone 400 or even a yamaha big bear 400 rwd around here and I just can't find one even to rebuild. I'm in Niles, MI. Online they are just stupid money if they're even really for sale. I have thought about using something bigger as long as I can get the shaft drive to match up, but I am worried about messing up the rear diff with too much power. I've replaced the bolts in that with better grade a long time ago following advice on this forum, but I'm nervous. I'd like to add more yamaha to this buggy, but something generic is fine, too. Any suggestions from anyone out there? I'd like to keep the semi auto shifting as that has been great for terrain and uphill also if anything fit's the bill.

As a sidenote. If anybody has any Hammerhead Tiburon or yamabuggy parts laying around, I'm likely interested in buying them. Especially looking for fender mounts and fenders, as well as the top canopy. Thanks!

I'll post pics soon. I'm giving it a new paint job right now.