BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Contributor

Default My Setup, still not getting enough torque

ASW Carbide 150cc

Intake
126 main jet
38 pilot jet
Dr. Pulley Variator
12g sliders
1500 rpm Yellow Clutch Spring
Performance CDI (adjustable)
Performance Coil
Iridium Plug
Exhaust slightly drilled out.

So today, I put a mix of three 12g sliders and three 10g sliders, alternating them. I didn't see an improvement. I'll go to all 10g sliders tomorrow.

Basically, I'm looking to get this thing spinning it's wheels from a stand still. Speed isn't so important because most of the riding we do is in forest or sand.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this setup and is getting better torque.

The only thing I have left to install are the little yellow clutch springs for the shoes. Will they make a big difference?

Last edited by Danp; 08-29-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Heavy Contributor

Forget the arm springs. Get a larger axle sprocket and/or smaller rear wheels if you wanna spin ur tires and not worry about top end.... or get a bbk porting and shaved head.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM

The sprocket change and lighter sliders should get you pretty close to spinning. Keep in mind, with a CVT, it is designed for minimal slip and more traction, but it is possible with the right set up, but the sprocket(s) will have to be changed.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Lurker

Agree with the above. The sprocket change will be a far more noticeable change than playing with the CVT. You could also look at, if you're not interested in the axle gear, a different output gear instead (easier to change out).
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Contributor

Talking

I went with 2000rpm clutch springs and matching main spring. I also run taller more agressive rear tires. I need all the tourqe I can get. I have my buggy weighed down with an all carhood sheetmetal body. And newly made rear bed box. Wirh the setup I have the engine revs a lot higher before the clutch engagment giving it the umph it needs to get where ever I need to go. If you punch it in gravel it'll do a good posi tire apin. You just have to build your rpm engagment to do it. I'm happy with my setup
Old 08-30-2013, 05:04 AM
Contributor

You arent trying to get the tires to spin on the pavement right? You wont have any luck in that department. If you want it to spin some tire in dirt and gravel, your next mod should be a P&P and shaved head. That will give you the most bang for your buck. Or try the larger rear sprocket like mentioned above. But you really need more power. Or try an A-13 or A-12 camshaft.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Contributor

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm going to look into an a-12 cam for a winter project. By saying spinning tires, really I just want more pull. I have a 2000rpm clutch sping. I'll try that too.

Suggestions on a place to get sprockets, and what internal gear is interchangeable?
Dr. Pulley variator, 10g sliders, 1500 rpm clutch spring, 39T drive sprocket, A12 camshaft, Intake with Uni Filter, 126 main jet, 38 pilot, performance CDI, performance coil, iridium plug. Now a lean wheel spinnin' machine.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Contributor

So today I dropped in the 10g sliders. Did a run with my sweet new GPS app and I ran 40.7 mph in .47 miles. Torque was better and with performance CDI I couldn't noticeably tell the rpms hit higher. I could here the rpms jump up shortly after takeoff, which is a bit concerning but didn't seem to feel any clutch or belt slip, unless that was actually it.
Dr. Pulley variator, 10g sliders, 1500 rpm clutch spring, 39T drive sprocket, A12 camshaft, Intake with Uni Filter, 126 main jet, 38 pilot, performance CDI, performance coil, iridium plug. Now a lean wheel spinnin' machine.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

Your top end is more than awsome.... do you have climbing power?? I believe that's what ur looking for.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
Your top end is more than awsome.... do you have climbing power?? I believe that's what ur looking for.
T be honest, my run was slightly downhill, but nothing crazy. I was tuning it at my office/shop so all pavement and one small gravel aneway, so no climbing. I'm taking to the trails tomorrow, but in the gravel and soil, I could spin the back end out from a standstill like a boss.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Heavy Contributor

That's right you wanted spinning power. Got confuse with a nother forum that the guy wanted low end power for climbing. Well that's buddy I think ur set.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Contributor

Yup was looking to keep the rpms up for cornering and sand. I think the climbing power will be there becasuse the torque has increades. Of course, nothing is ever final. I want to try the DR2 variator from kidnme.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Heavy Contributor

Since ur 12 gram sliders are giving you a good top end, when you get the dr2 id probably go for the 10/12 grams on the dr2. The 10 will give you more bottom then you have right now and the 12 will help keep the awsome top speed you already have. Just my oppinion. Let us know how the dr2 works out. You can order it at (kidnmeparts.com).
Old 09-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Contributor

Took it out to the trials today and I was impressed. A lot more pep at the bottem end and because our trails are winding and of many corners, I didn't notice the lower top end.

One thing I did notice is with the bigger pilot jet, once it go hot, it was bogging slightly from a dead stop. It was 80 deg. today.