BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Lurker

Default Spiderbox won't go

I have a yerf dog gx150 spiderbox with the howhit engine on it, it's my first one so i don't know alot about it. I got it and part of it was missing...basically all of the elcetrical stuff (cdi box, rectifier, voltage reg. ect..) all wiring is present though, missing the start button, and driven pulley nut...i ordered all the missing parts and am waiting for them to come in...meanwhile my buddy has one that the belt broke on and when we put the new belt on it was trying to ''hop'' when he started it...kinda like the clutch was messed up...anyway he said i could use the parts i needed off his to see if mine would run...so i took what i needed off of his and put on mine and it fired right up...but has absolutely no get up and go...after you got rolling it would do great...idk how fast it was going but it seemed like it was running pretty fast...it just had no get up and go whatsoever...the carb was cleaned before i started it and i used 2 separate fuel filters during testing...i know the carb works cause he used mine until his rebuild kit came in...anyway when we couldnt get mine running right we took everything off mine that i took off of his and put it back on his, but put my clutch on his because we thought that's what the problem was with his...and now his is doing the exact same thing...could it be the clutch working improperly making the engine bog down like that on take off?...or is it more likely something electrical and not letting it get the spark it needs...thanks for any help in advance.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Lurker

ok i did some research and eventually found on youtube of all places a guy that was having the exact same problem and it turned out to be his variator...i'm trying to keep costs as low as possible so what exact parts do i need and where do i need to get them from?...i see on here alot of people mentioning dr. pulley but do i just need sliders to fix the problem or what?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM

Default variator values

u should check with tom at syc powersports first off he is a treasure chest of information and if u get ur parts thru him u get a discount for being a member of this forum of 20% u just cant get any better help than that!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Lurker

aight thanks...i'll hit him up!!