BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 08-02-2020, 07:11 PM
Lurker

Default Valve adjustment

New to this forum. I have a 2008 Yamabuggy Hammerhead 400 , sat for 10 years and now driving it almost every weekend . I need to adjust the valves . Any input on what the valves should be adjusted at and how to get into the exhaust side as it is up against the bulkhead ?

This buggy sat in my lady friends shop and after her husband passed was apparently forgotten until she said she wanted to save her go-kart. When that door rolled open I said of course and there began a love affair for the 3 of us , Her , Me and the Buggy. We have put over a 1000 miles on it , all in the PNW mts. and it is doing GREAT , Needs an adjustment on those valves though !

I have heard Yamaha Big Bear 400 is the motor but when I ask the local Yamaha shop they almost hung up on me !

Please HELP
Old 08-04-2020, 01:30 AM
Contributor

Yamabuggy and Yamaha are very different companies. I unfortunately am not familiar with your type or what the clearances should be set at. Some options might be checking you tube for your buggy and valve adjustment or if you can identify the motor itself you might be able to look out the clearances that way