BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Lurker

Default 150cc gy6 spiderbox vacuum routing

Can anyone please help me out with vacuum line routing. I bought a used spider box and the vacuum lines were missing. Also missing is the piece that connects the carb to the air filter box so if anyone knows where I can buy one or has an idea please let me know.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Get rid of the air box!!! buy a Unifilter or similar pod air filter. The only vacuum lines needed are from the carb (near the throttle cable) to the intake.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Lurker

Thanksmetalstudman1 for your reply. It looks like there is a line thatfits on an elbow that is on the same side as the throttle cable and another one on the other side that is closer to the intake. It appears to operate the diaphram on top of the carb. What do I do with it? Also I think that my float needle is bad. Do you know where I can get a replacement? Thanks
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know where to just buy the needle- a new carb is $30.-$40, new!!! I know with my other motors a needle valve is $12-$20.+ shipping
Just for reference-here's pic's of a stock Spiderbox vacuum lines that you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacuum lines 1.JPG (50.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg vacuum lines 2.JPG (51.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg vacuum lines 3.JPG (47.9 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by metalstudman1; 04-27-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Lurker

thanks very much. now that I have it hooked up right it starts but dies right away unless I plug the vacuum port near the intake right away. If I plug hold my finger over it it will run fine at high rpm but then dies at idle. any ideas? thanks again for the pic. i really appreciate your help. my boy and I cant wait to ride this thing. seeing your has given me a lot of ideas and got me stoked about this kart. Dave
Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Just for clarification purposes- the outlet on the carb (upper driverside is a vent)
I'm confused!!!! Questions:How would you be able to plug the intake port if the carb was hooked up? Did you clean the carb? Your FEV (fuel enrichment valve, part on the carb with wires) takes care of cold starts by not using vacuum or the slide in the carb.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Lurker

i was not plugging the intake port i was plugging the vent that you referred to as upper driverside vent
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Lurker

Now it is doing something different all together. It begins to start then dies. it is spitting fuel out of carb. Im going to clean it again and set the float level. then I'll try it again. Thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Lurker

Got my carb cleaned and float set. Energized the fuel enrichment module to verify that it was working and got no movement. Im pretty sure its bad. This thing sat for about 5 years before I bought it. Guess Im going to buy a new or used carb and be done with it. Where should I go for a carb?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Lurker

Does any know how to connect the vacuum lines for a kandi 150cc gokart