BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker

Angry 150cc electrical issues

Hello, I’m new to the forum and was looking for some help. I was given a Roketa GK-01 150cc buggy last fall (not running). I did get it started but it only ran about 100yrds (I believed it was a wiring harness issue). I didn’t have time to troubleshoot the problem so I figured I would have someone look at it. I gave it to the guy in October and with the holidays and winter, I wasn’t too concerned about getting it back quick. After Christmas his house burnt so I didn’t push the issue. Any way I went by to check on it and the guy has bailed on his wife and $210 of mine. He had been working on it but he has completely canalized the electrical system trying to install his own wiring harness. I have part numbers but can’t remember how the inside of the wiring box looked on the back of the buggy. Can anyone provide a few good photos I could use as a starting point? Thanks for your troubles….Joe
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator

So are your electrical components all there? Post a pic of what you have.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Lurker

Will do in the AM...Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Lurker

OK here are a couple of pics. It’s ugly so if you have a weak stomach don’t look. It looks like he tried to make his own wiring harness but now I have nothing to go by to recreate the original setup.
I’ve got original part numbers and everything from the Roketa website but I need to know what else besides the harness I need to order. Thanks for the help.....Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original wire harness.jpg (78.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Current State.jpg (74.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg more.jpg (70.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by jwscal; 05-24-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker

Default Parts

OK I know the pics don’t show everything. I know the following parts are there, C.D.I. (new), Ignition coil (new), singing sparking relay, resistance, I think the Rectifier is there. The only thing I’m sure is missing is the Relay. Of course as you can see by the pics all the original wires have been removed from the wiring box. My plan is to order a new harness and rebuild but I need to know how everything goes back together.

Joe
Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Been tied up. Sorry I haven't responded sooner.

Anyways, it actually looks like one of your relays is there at least. In the technical section you will find some service manuals.

In fact If you click on this link JakeTheSnake has posted a wiring diagram in his attachments. That should get you started. It is actually easier than you think. These are fairly straight forward systems. The area of question comes in to whether or not you have a DC based CDI or an AC based CDI. Most of them are in fact AC based, and yours likely is too. Once you get your harness, it will make a lot more sense. Contact Tom at SYC Powersports and see if he has a harness there. Click his banner at the top of this page.