BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Cheap Chinese Parts?

On Ebay and at different suppliers, prices on GY6 150cc parts vary widely. None of the suppliers or eBay sellers mention a brand name and the photos of the parts look identical. So why the difference is price? Does one get better quality parts for higher prices or is the only difference the service that the supplier or eBay seller provides? For example, CDI's, performance coils, starters, and magnetos vary greatly in price, so what is the difference? Some of the lowest priced parts are shipped from China and some slighly higher priced parts are shipped from the USA, but is there a difference in part quality? Why aren't brand names used? Seems to me there is an opportunity for a seller to handle the best quality brand name parts and advertize them as such. I am willing to pay more for quality parts but how can we identify them?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 PM

hi, for one answer the chinese is not going to waste money on advertising, the second being the ones in the USA are going to be higher, because when you order from them you are not waiting an extra week or 2 waiting for your parts to clear customs at the border. they have already taken care of this part.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Part quality...

So, is the quality of Chinese 150cc parts esentially the same from cheapest to most expensive parts? Getting a part from a USA supplier reduces delivery time, but is the part any different in quality from a low cost part bought in China? For my cars, I buy name brand products with known quality reputations. For GY6 150cc engines, I feel I am buying generic parts with unknown quality. What do you guys do - buy on lowest price out of China or pay a premium price to get quick delivery from a USA supplier of Chinese parts with good service reputation?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:48 PM

I will also let someone else chime in here, I will not wait another 2 or 3 weeks to save $10.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 PM

as far as you asking about the quality , the quality is gonna be about the same probably made by the same company. who knows?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Heavy Contributor

You want good quality (high performance) any dealer here. You want good quality stock parts (not high performance) and cheap go to (buyatvsonline.com) remember its not high performance like the dealers here they're stock parts only. And its here in the usa.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Quality parts...

I am not making my question clear. My question is not about time for delivery or service from the parts seller but how can one identify whether one part is of better quality (more reliability and durability) than another part. With the absence of brand names, price seems to be the only differentator. As one poster says, who knows as to quality? Yes, I too pay higher prices for quicker delivery and support vendors on our site. But buying Chinese manufactured parts seems to be a crapshoot as to quality.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Heavy Contributor

As a rule but not necessarily always the case. parts manufactured in Taiwan have shown to be of better machine tolerances and over all quality than those out of main land China. Most search out these before buying elsewhere. The best bet is to buy from one of our venders. These guys have already sifted out the junk stuff.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
As a rule but not necessarily always the case. parts manufactured in Taiwan have shown to be of better machine tolerances and over all quality than those out of main land China. Most search out these before buying elsewhere. The best bet is to buy from one of our venders. These guys have already sifted out the junk stuff.
Plus, you will get a warranty through someone whos 1st language is english, and will actually help you, instead of blaming you for breaking it.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM

TOM SYC @ SYCPOWERSPORTS a name and a man you can trust and count on! nuff said!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 AM

There are brand name parts out there, mostly from Taiwan (Taiwan parts are actually considered better as noted above). Names like NCY, Hoca, Ruima, Taida, Prodigy, Motoritec, Koso, Motorio, Naraku, etc...

The ones with no name, I would consider to be "generic" brand mostly from China. I actively seek out name brand parts thinking that they MIGHT be better quality, but really have no way of knowing without trying them all.

As for prices, yeah, they vary greatly for no real reason. Although, as Tom has said in the past, China doesn't throw anything away. If there is a shipment of parts that don't meet a buyers specification, they don't get thrown out. They just get sold to someone else at a cheaper price. That may be why you see identical parts at cheaper prices.

And some people really are just looking to gouge buyers.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 06-02-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 AM

And as stated before, Tom is a trusted dealer who has weeded through all the BS parts and only sells the ones he feels confident in. This prevents "come backs" and that is what gives him such a great reputation IMO. As well as the great support he gives his customers and people of this board.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Its really a crapshoot. You would think that they may be all the same but they just are not. As an example, I have worked on a million carbs it seems and it is amazing to me that on one carb a 150 jet is what is needed yet on the next one, if you run anything larger than say a 110 it will bark on too much fuel. And these are both GY6 carbs for 150cc. The difference in these best I can tell is the internal porting of the carburetors. Just no sure way to know! However these guys are right, at least when you use a regular dealer like Tom from here he has spent quite some time getting the parts that he sells and would know what works and what doesn't.